SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Still talking to tuner. Initial response was that seems low so I got another degree of timing out of a tune. We'll see what response is otherwise.
Be careful with timing, too much can prove disastrous with a tank of bad fuel
You data log? If your on the edge of timing and/or boost you should. I data log pulls always, and at each and EVERY fill up before beating on my car I’ll data log a short pull and review it before trusting the tank of fuel to more pulls. I’ve been burned once by crap 93 from a Shell station that rattled an engine and took out 3 plugs and gave me a bit of leak down on one cylinder in another car, learn the hard way once and you’ll never forget.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
OP what you find out with the HP fall off in the top end? Curious if you netted more HP with the cure.
He said probably something weird with dyno. Logs showed nothing weird. I'll try a different dyno at some point.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
132 Posts
Be careful with timing, too much can prove disastrous with a tank of bad fuel
You data log? If your on the edge of timing and/or boost you should. I data log pulls always, and at each and EVERY fill up before beating on my car I’ll data log a short pull and review it before trusting the tank of fuel to more pulls. I’ve been burned once by crap 93 from a Shell station that rattled an engine and took out 3 plugs and gave me a bit of leak down on one cylinder in another car, learn the hard way once and you’ll never forget.
Was there any permanent damage to your engine or was the leakdown from fuel washing down the cylinder walls?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Was there any permanent damage to your engine or was the leakdown from fuel washing down the cylinder walls?
Detonation, rattled the rings, After the incident 15% leak down through the rings, recovered to 3% after 1000 miles, other cylinders are .5%.
So yes, permanent damage, could have been MUCH worse

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
85 Posts
2018 hellcat widebody that I did the H.O. Package from Tim Barth and the 2.85 litens pulley with spacers. 817 on 93 and 859 on 100 octane.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
2018 hellcat widebody that I did the H.O. Package from Tim Barth and the 2.85 litens pulley with spacers. 817 on 93 and 859 on 100 octane. View attachment 554961
[/QUOTE]
How much timing on both? My torque numbers are on par with yours that's why I'm thinking a dyno issue.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
55 Posts
I run a hellraiser 2.85 and a Ripa incognito lower (6-7%) sleeve. Catless and 1050’s and a KB BAP. Car makes killer power and is a torque monster. I run a can of VP octanium unleaded every 10 gallons. I’m not concerned about he cost but more about safety and power. I also have a 109 tune but haven’t used it yet. Pump,gas setup is 802/792💪

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
That’s good to hear, try Octanium unleaded, 1 can in 15 gallons is amazing, 1 can in 10 gallons of 93 I bet would give you 0 STKR and you’ll see a 500 millivolt or so drop on your knock sensor feedback voltage.
5 gallons for 600 bux?
That sounds like a great price, to me. What is the ratio for achieving 100 octane with a 93 octane base gasoline?

·
Registered
143 Posts
“Or you can order your own 55 Gallon drum to ensure you running straight 100 race gas 👀

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Can you just do 2 gallons of e85 to a full tank of 93 and achieve the same result?
Oi fink youse'd have to change the fuel/air ratio substantially because of all that oxygen in the alcohol, because a "100 octane tune" is still a "100 octane tune" for GASOLINE.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Anyone willing to share their datalogs or tune files for their 2.85 93 pump / 100 oct race tune? HP tuners only please and thanks!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I've noticed my cylinder airmass dropping past 6k rpm as my timing increases. I was told by a friend that the cylinder airmass was an indication of power being produced. Just wondering if maybe lowering timing would keep the cylinder airmass up. It went from 1.75 to 1.66 from 6k to 6.5k rpm and timing went from 12.5 to 14.5. Just trying to learn the datalogs a little more and how to correlate diff items. Thanks.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts