SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an estimate as to how many miles a tank of e85 lasts? For scenario purposes lets say a mix of conservative city and highway driving.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,019 Posts
Does anyone have an estimate as to how many miles a tank of e85 lasts? For scenario purposes lets say a mix of conservative city and highway driving.
I average 11.8mpg. Fairly good mix of city & hwy but not exactly conservatively driven but not crazy either. 100spg tho (smiles per gallon)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I average 11.8mpg. Fairly good mix of city & hwy but not exactly conservatively driven but not crazy either. 100spg tho (smiles per gallon)
That is actually better than I thought it would be.
LOL!! SPG is all that matters!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Staying out of boost I average about 15 MPG on E85 in mixed driving.
Thats good to know. The reasoning behind this question is I am picking up a Hellcat in Texas and driving back to WV. I will have to plan my fill ups ahead of time and possibly carry a 5 gallon can of gas just in case.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
56 Posts
Thats good to know. The reasoning behind this question is I am picking up a Hellcat in Texas and driving back to WV. I will have to plan my fill ups ahead of time and possibly carry a 5 gallon can of gas just in case.
Most guys with E85 set-ups also have a pump gas tune, depending on pulley size you may need to stay out of boost on pump gas. At least in Texas right now a lot of the E85 stations have been running out of E85. I would be concerned about driving from Texas to WV on E85 right now due to E85 supply weaknesses. See if the seller has a pump gas tune for the car.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Most guys with E85 set-ups also have a pump gas tune, depending on pulley size you may need to stay out of boost on pump gas. At least in Texas right now a lot of the E85 stations have been running out of E85. I would be concerned about driving from Texas to WV on E85 right now due to E85 supply weaknesses. See if the seller has a pump gas tune for the car.
Yes it is a flex tune setup. I was not wanting to run 93 just in case I wanted to get a little frisky on the way back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts