SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering what you need to fully run e85 on a hellcat SAFELY (no boost a pump). Or educate me on how a boost a pump is ok :) .

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
301 Posts
I am an authorized dealer for Fuel Injector Clinic! PM me and we can discuss forum member pricing on a set of 1200cc for your E85 build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
55 Posts
Common opinions on the fueling subject for 900rwhp:
Hellcat - ID1300 or FIC1200 and fuel pumps
Redeye,Trackhwak,Demon - ID1300 or FIC1200 and volatge booster

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
168 Posts
I'm really close to going full E85. Nothing has been mounted yet but here is what I have and plan to do:
Bought a 2.50 upper pulley
Bought a ID1300 injectors
Bought FI Chiller to help with the heat the small upper pulley will generate.
Need to pay to unlock the ECM so car can be tuned using HPT
Need to buy a fuel system (Leaning towards a Fore triple pump setup since I'm swinging for the fence)
Need a good tuner (Actually I found a good local tuner)

Will also need a good set of drag radials...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm really close to going full E85. Nothing has been mounted yet but here is what I have and plan to do:
Bought a 2.50 upper pulley
Bought a ID1300 injectors
Bought FI Chiller to help with the heat the small upper pulley will generate.
Need to pay to unlock the ECM so car can be tuned using HPT
Need to buy a fuel system (Leaning towards a Fore triple pump setup since I'm swinging for the fence)
Need a good tuner (Actually I found a good local tuner)

Will also need a good set of drag radials...
Two questions...
One- HOW DID YOU GET A QUAD SETUP?!?! Looks sick! I want it.
Two- What other pump setups were you looking at? I am leaning towards either the Tapps one or HHP.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
168 Posts
Two questions...
One- HOW DID YOU GET A QUAD SETUP?!?! Looks sick! I want it.
Two- What other pump setups were you looking at? I am leaning towards either the Tapps one or HHP.
It's funny because the quad tips were an accident. I started buying parts for the Charger before I even owned it. (Yes, I'm one of those types)
In the classifieds I came across a new set of Kooks headers from one seller and from a different seller I found a complete Kooks cat-less exhaust. I received it all and tucked in in a corner of my garage. After I bought the car I finally got around to doing the exhaust. When I unboxed it all I noticed the quad tips which came as a surprise since I didn't recall the sellers description mentioning the quad tips. Did a bit of research and found that Vicrez.com sold a diffuser for quad tips. I browsed through their pictures and decided that I liked the look. I proceeded to installed the headers, offroad pipes, one-piece drive shaft and the rear diffuser arrived just in time to finish it all.

As for fuel I've narrowed it down to Fore, Tapps and even looked at Ripatune Triple Threat. The Fore install is beyond my expertise so I'll have to pay to get it done but it's all the fuel pump you'll ever need. The Tapps I can do myself since it's plug and play but living in Texas I will have to pay taxes which add up to quite a bit. The Ripatune Triple Thread is assembled by Tapps however since Ripatune is not in Texas I may be spared the taxes. The only problem with Tapps and Ripatune is that I haven't read enough about them to know how well they compare to the tried and proven Fore setup. Decision, Decision....

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's funny because the quad tips were an accident. I started buying parts for the Charger before I even owned it. (Yes, I'm one of those types)
In the classifieds I came across a new set of Kooks headers from one seller and from a different seller I found a complete Kooks cat-less exhaust. I received it all and tucked in in a corner of my garage. After I bought the car I finally got around to doing the exhaust. When I unboxed it all I noticed the quad tips which came as a surprise since I didn't recall the sellers description mentioning the quad tips. Did a bit of research and found that Vicrez.com sold a diffuser for quad tips. I browsed through their pictures and decided that I liked the look. I proceeded to installed the headers, offroad pipes, one-piece drive shaft and the rear diffuser arrived just in time to finish it all.

As for fuel I've narrowed it down to Fore, Tapps and even looked at Ripatune Triple Threat. The Fore install is beyond my expertise so I'll have to pay to get it done but it's all the fuel pump you'll ever need. The Tapps I can do myself since it's plug and play but living in Texas I will have to pay taxes which add up to quite a bit. The Ripatune Triple Thread is assembled by Tapps however since Ripatune is not in Texas I may be spared the taxes. The only problem with Tapps and Ripatune is that I haven't read enough about them to know how well they compare to the tried and proven Fore setup. Decision, Decision....
From what Ive read, the Tapps pumps have Fore parts in them. I know the dude on youtube, speedys garage, used the setup so I would have to assume its decent. I only want 850whp so I am pretty sure I am going with Tapps.

·
Registered
229 Posts

I believe the Ripa and Tapp set ups are still Fore parts. They just did the wiring and such to make it a "drop in". For the Hellcats you don't need a bigger fuel line. Dodge did your fuel system work for you from the factory. Unless you wanna go full return. But why would you?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts