SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve finally got everything together and an appointment to have it installed, tuned and dyno’d. I really haven’t seen anyone running this that I could find. So a lot of guys go 2.85 pulley on pump gas but I’m going 2.85 and e85 hoping we can get a bit more power out of it. The hellcat is a manual challenger so they Dyno a bit higher than the autos. I’ve seen several 2.85 pulley cars Dyno at 780-800whp on pump so anything over that and I’ll be excited. Car currently has a couple things done but these are the first big mods. Pretty basic setup thats going onto the car in addition to my Jlt intake and thermostat that’s already on the car. Any guesses on the hp?

Hellraiser 2.85 pulley
ID 1300 injectors
Bap

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
850-875 HP but the torque is going to to be close to the same, like 100-150 ft lbs more then pump gas at same Boost as the timing ramp on corn can be much more aggressive. I’ve contemplated doing the same thing but I’m making 17-17.5 psi on a 2.85 due to blower work and no major tuners with switching from ID1050 to ID1300X2’s will retune my existing 93 octane pump gas tune because of boost level. The issue is going to be getting all that torque to the pavement without spinning and going no where faster than stock.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
850-875 HP but the torque is going to to be close to the same, like 100-150 ft lbs more then pump gas at same Boost as the timing ramp on corn can be much more aggressive. I’ve contemplated doing the same thing but I’m making 17-17.5 psi on a 2.85 due to blower work and no major tuners with switching from ID1050 to ID1300X2’s will retune my existing 93 octane pump gas tune because of boost level. The issue is going to be getting all that torque to the pavement without spinning and going no where faster than stock.
That’s my main concern. I had a couple people ask why I wasn’t doing a lower or smaller upper and I said it doesn’t do me any good if I can’t get any traction. I have a few e85 pumps around me so it just makes sense to go ahead and do it. I’m really excited about it. I’ll report back once everything is done in case anyone else is searching down the road. Anything close to or over 850 I’ll be extremely happy.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
375 Posts
I run E85 on a 2.85 pulley. FIC 1200cc injectors, blower blanket/spacers, Injected Engineering Dual Pump setup. I made 834whp/724wtq on a Mustang Dyno.

I posted my dyno vid not too long ago.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I run E85 on a 2.85 pulley. FIC 1200cc injectors, blower blanket/spacers, Injected Engineering Dual Pump setup. I made 834whp/724wtq on a Mustang Dyno.

That’s solid for sure. I’ll take those numbers right now. Just curious if it’s an auto or manual.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
126 Posts
That’s solid for sure. I’ll take those numbers right now. Just curious if it’s an auto or manual.
Don't spend to much time on your Dyno number. The time slip is what tells the story. Look at my low dyno numbers. I have 10% lower, 3.17 upper, ID1300 inj, running on E85. Car has ran back to back 9.57 and 9.58 at 4750 lbs. Has run a best 145.13 mph. stock exhaust including cats, No $10 Alum can hanging on my motor. I see 950 hp dyno sheets posted for slower cars.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I honestly don’t think the car will ever see the track. It’s my daily and just something that’s fun for me to drive. If I was going for track times it would be in something that was an automatic. The car will see a fair amount of spirited driving on the street though and some dragy times.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,535 Posts

2.75 upper, ati 10% lower, fore L4 tripple pump, ID1700x injectors, M6 trans, SPEC clutch, E85, 2.62 diff, 800hp even on Alex Peitz's Mustang Dyno in Houston Texas.

What gives? Does this number look low to anyone else? I should be making more than 800hp right? I don't have any drag times but I did run 191 mph in the texas mile.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2.75 upper, ati 10% lower, fore L4 tripple pump, ID1700x injectors, M6 trans, SPEC clutch, E85, 800hp even on Alex Peitz's Mustang Dyno in Houston Texas.

What gives? Does this number look low to anyone else? I should be making more than 800hp right? I don't have any drag times but I did run 191 mph in the texas mile.
Could just be a low reading Dyno but that should be good for 900 I would assume. Guys Dyno at 800 ish with just a 2.85 on pump 93

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,535 Posts
Could just be a low reading Dyno but that should be good for 900 I would assume. Guys Dyno at 800 ish with just a 2.85 on pump 93
Type of Dyno ( mustang, dynojet, dynocom, etc) and location (elevation) matter significantly when quoting numbers. Without that info listed, numbers are irrelevant to me.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Type of Dyno ( mustang, dynojet, dynocom, etc) and location (elevation) matter significantly when quoting numbers. Without that info listed, numbers are irrelevant to me.
you are the one that asked about your low numbers

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
2.75 upper, ati 10% lower, fore L4 tripple pump, ID1700x injectors, M6 trans, SPEC clutch, E85, 2.62 diff, 800hp even on Alex Peitz's Mustang Dyno in Houston Texas.

2.62 Diff with a M6 trans?
Yea, 800 wheel for E85 and that kind of boost sounds low.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,535 Posts
2.62 Diff with a M6 trans?
Yea, 800 wheel for E85 and that kind of boost sounds low.
Yep you read that right. Meant for landspeed racing like the texas mile. Setup is different for drag racing.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,490 Posts

Certainly looks low to me.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
709 Posts
As davemvegas said dont worry to much about numbers. Every dyno is different and really only useful while tuning the car. I have charger so A8 and with 2.85/10% lower with e85 made about 825whp on mustang dyno but I know car is capable of high 9’s.

74EBC5C9-ADE8-4AD5-ACAA-7E4283E61A75.png

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,535 Posts
As davemvegas said dont worry to much about numbers. Every dyno is different and really only useful while tuning the car. I have charger so A8 and with 2.85/10% lower with e85 made about 825whp on mustang dyno but I know car is capable of high 9’s.

If the dyno is calibrated correctly the same brand dyno should be relatively close if you are using the corrected dyno numbers. Track numbers are generally accepted as the be all end all, but I humbly disagree. A car that is raced on 2 different days at two different locations will run different times. Track locations vary in DA and actual elevation (same for dynos), and those are the 2 biggest factors on how your car performs on the track or dyno.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,535 Posts
wow, almost 100 in first gear!! That must be a * starting out?

View attachment 557606

I have it on the stock 3.70 now since I want to get some drag times but most of the time I didn't go past 3rd gear on the freeway when I had it setup for land speed. I smoked 2 clutches, so yes it is not easy getting moving.

I like your screenshot. Is that an app? Looks like a website.

I made my own in excel once...

1594607338277.png

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
709 Posts
If the dyno is calibrated correctly the same brand dyno should be relatively close if you are using the corrected dyno numbers. Track numbers are generally accepted as the be all end all, but I humbly disagree. A car that is raced on 2 different days at two different locations will run different times. Track locations vary in DA and actual elevation (same for dynos), and those are the 2 biggest factors on how your car performs on the track or dyno.
Honestly I sort of agree with you but always thought mph and weight was accurate in determining hp. I was just trying to agree with others that it is more a tool for tuning safely than anything else.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts