SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,338 Posts
MSRP = Manufactures SUGGESTED Retail Price. They can charge what they want. What would you say if a bunch of people started emailing you and Dodge saying your not qualified to own a Hellcat. You can do what you want but the Dealers cant that seems fair?? As long as people want to pay over sticker dealers will continue to ask over sticker, when they cant sell at that price they will lower there price.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,338 Posts
Mtr ...
Yea I do Mtr.. At $10,000 to $20,000 over sticker, I do have an issue with that.. But hey if you or anyone else wants to go pay that or more, I say go for it and more power to ya..What I have an issue with regarding dealers like this, is that these are more than likely the same ones that have pulled the rug out from some legitimate buyer so they could jack the price up and sell it to the highest bidder. Not what Dodge intended! If I wanted this I would start buying cars from Barrett Jackson. I am familiar with one of those cars on EBAY, a friend called on it and they said all along it was a confirmed sold order.. I smell BS!
No comment, eyes wide shut

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,338 Posts
Jim Hetrick
I'm well aware what MSRP stands for and I agree with you, as long as morons continue to pay over sticker because they think the sky is falling, than so be it, go for it! Let's remember, MSRP is a pre-determined fair market price for a said Good. Supply and demand obviously plays a part in that. However this is nothing more than greedy dealers taking advantage of the situation.. Tell me something, why aren't 95% of the legitimate dealers doing what your suggesting? I'll tell you why, its because they know its not right and its bad PR and exactly what Dodge doesn't want to see..
This is not about right, its simply about supply and demand. Let me tell you this, I have cancer and have about six months to live and I wanted a Hellcat right now so I can enjoy it as long as I can. I have always collected Mopars and have 6 hemi cars not counting the Hellcat. I dont want someone telling me I cant pay over sticker if I want, and I did. You want to be right, go volunteer somewhere

Reactions: F6F

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,338 Posts
Reactions: Kevin M

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,338 Posts
Jim Hetrick
I'm happy that you were able to get a car and that your financially able to go out and pay whatever it takes. I'm also sorry to hear that you only have 6 months to live and I wish you the best! I'm also sorry that a dealer has taken advantage of your situation, you would think they would show some compassion?? They know dam well this car isn't going to be a limited car like a Ford GT, so I'm not buying the BS I've been hearing from some of these dealers. Kind of proves my point though about greedy dealers doesn't it. Oh and yes, I do volunteer in my community and I couldn't ask for a more rewarding feeling than giving back.
They didnt take advantage of me. I told them I wanted the car and told them what I would give, and I bought. They know nothing about my health. Its a dealership not a clinic

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,338 Posts
Thank you Kevin

Reactions: fflundy
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.