SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2022 retro body challenger hellcat
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally put 1000 mile on my hellcat challenger so I grabbed the red key for the first time and went to an isolated road near my house and did a couple of burnouts,since then just pulling the car out off the garage to wash it(the car my be running for several seconds if that)the electric fan will kick on after shutting the car off,during the accumulation of the 1000 miles the fan has never kicked on after shutting the car off which I my have been driving around for a couple of hours,is there a problem I should address?

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,566 Posts
Finally put 1000 mile on my hellcat challenger so I grabbed the red key for the first time and went to an isolated road near my house and did a couple of burnouts,since then just pulling the car out off the garage to wash it(the car my be running for several seconds if that)the electric fan will kick on after shutting the car off,during the accumulation of the 1000 miles the fan has never kicked on after shutting the car off which I my have been driving around for a couple of hours,is there a problem I should address?
After Run Cooler

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,566 Posts
Ok,can i disengage it
Performance Pages/Race Options/Race Cooldown, then turn it off. It's off when the Green Bar does not appear on the Race Cooldown Button.

But getting heat out of the motor/Intercooler System after driving is not a bad thing; it's a good thing. That's what this system is designed to do. I do it in the Summer Time here. And it keeps the System Active and you know it's working and available.

BTW, this screen is live. Pull it up, leave it and watch it. Before shutting off the engine, note the temp, which ones are Orange and which ones are Green.

After the cycle completes (fan turns off), move ignition button to Run (engine off), go to this screen and see a lower IC Temp.

Font Gadget Rectangle Audio equipment Slope

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes sir,I came back to tell you to disregard my last question,went out to the garage and got in the performance pages and shut it off,when playing with the pages the other day I hit the race cooldown button which a message came up saying all conditions must be met etc…thinking that it wasn’t engaged I got out of the pages with it still engaged(rookie)I appreciate your reply(and knowledge)thank you and have a good day

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,566 Posts
Yes sir,I came back to tell you to disregard my last question,went out to the garage and got in the performance pages and shut it off,when playing with the pages the other day I hit the race cooldown button which a message came up saying all conditions must be met etc…thinking that it wasn’t engaged I got out of the pages with it still engaged(rookie)I appreciate your reply(and knowledge)thank you and have a good day
No problem...

Again, not a bad idea to use the system to remove heat from the motor.

Best!

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
While we are conversing,just hit 1000 miles,watching the threads most are changing their oil at this time others say follow manufacturers guide,your thoughts

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,566 Posts
While we are conversing,just hit 1000 miles,watching the threads most are changing their oil at this time others say follow manufacturers guide,your thoughts
6 mo/6 k miles is fine. These motors run synthetic oil. Just check the level frequently since it's a new motor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.