SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Is this a good Idea to implement?

• Yes, it will make intake temps down a bit.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So latelely, I have been looking for ways to increase my hellcat's engine longevity. And one way was to install catch cans on both sides on the engine to prevent oil vapour from contaminating the intake system. I loved the Idea, but I thought why is it still not the best solution for the problem. I have noticed that catch cans work, but still there is trace amounts of vapour that gets in the intake. Another problem is heated air " after it had been filtered in the catch can" is so hot in a way it would affect intake temps some how. Some of you might say "get rid of the cans and throw on those small air filters on both side of the engine", but that is not really the perfect solution. Now, I may have got the "perfect" solution for that problem and I really want your feedback about it before I start building and installing.

My solution will simply be a "smart PCV system". This system will be containing the following:
1. Vacuum sensor on the intake side.
2. A vacuum pump.
3. A simple controller.
4. Hoses and basic fettings

The function of the system:
1. Measure the vacuum of the intake," depending on engine load" and feed it to the controller.

2. The suction side of the vacuum pump will be connected to both sides of the engine's PCV outlets on the heads.

3. The controller will regulate to pump speed in accordance with engine vacuum.

4. The vacuum pump discharge will be fed to a catch can and hot air will exsit the catch can through a small filter located away from the intake.

I will be making some simple diagram for that, but if you are interested in the Idea, please give any suggestions on wether it is good or bad and what can I do to make it better.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
862 Posts
You must be an engineer. You’re overthinking this, just follow some of the simple steps people have already done and you’re good

·
Registered
In The Market
377 Posts
I thought we didn’t ever want that to go back into our engines? I always plugged it off and ran breathers.. the trouble with smart stuff is it breaks and it seems like you have lots of thought into a complex system to replace a breather with no wires or moving parts. I am a very simple person and when I look at modern cars and see all the censors and computer controlled stuff I wonder how you will find replacement parts when they are classics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts