SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Has any received a notice for an emissions recall? I received it in the mail today indicating the catalytic converter may result in your vehicle exceeding the emissions standards for non-methane organic gas (NMOG) and nitrogen oxide (NOx).

FCA will update the PCM and replace both catalytic converters and the oxygen sensors.

Thanks!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,221 Posts
There was already a thread about this, and from what I understand, they are rolling it out in stages. Some people said their dealership has estimated 4-6 months to get them in. Some as low as 15 days

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
524 Posts
Hello everyone,
Has any received a notice for an emissions recall? I received it in the mail today indicating the catalytic converter may result in your vehicle exceeding the emissions standards for non-methane organic gas (NMOG) and nitrogen oxide (NOx).

FCA will update the PCM and replace both catalytic converters and the oxygen sensors.

Thanks!
Do you know the recall number? I can dig up some info for you.
Feel free to send your VIN if you want to go that route too.

Kaitlin
Dodge Cares

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
524 Posts
Hi, it says please reference emissions recall "V86"
Thanks! V86 is an emissions recall. Degradation of the catalytic converter on about 25,180 of the above vehicles may result in those vehicles exceeding the emissions standards for Non-Methane Organic Gas (NMOG) and Nitrogen Oxide (NOx).
Repair is a PCM update, as well as a replacement of the catalytic converters and oxygen sensors.
Parts are readily available.

Kaitlin
Dodge Cares

Reactions: dellminator

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! Has anyone had it done? Has your experience been good?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
168 Posts
Got my mailer over the weekend also.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,686 Posts
You can visit this web site:

and supply your car's VIN to see what recalls if any apply or what recalls have been dealt with.

Just plugged in my 2018 Hellcat's VIN and there are no recalls outstanding. The CAN/Cruise Control recall was done over a year ago.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks! Has anyone had it done? Has your experience been good?
ive done it and honestly i dont like the way my SC sounds now after reving down from high speeds, (coming down from 6k-4k) im getting a weird loud squeal noise coming from my air intake that i wasnt getting at first. Im not sure if its due to the new cats and some type of back pressure is passing back thru making this noise happen or if its from the new update they put on the pcm. Im not sure But whatever it is i dont like it and didnt have this problem before.

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
524 Posts
ive done it and honestly i dont like the way my SC sounds now after reving down from high speeds, (coming down from 6k-4k) im getting a weird loud squeal noise coming from my air intake that i wasnt getting at first. Im not sure if its due to the new cats and some type of back pressure is passing back thru making this noise happen or if its from the new update they put on the pcm. Im not sure But whatever it is i dont like it and didnt have this problem before.
Are you planning on going back to a dealer? If you are, feel free to let us know and we can help out.

Kaitlin
Dodge Cares

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
983 Posts
Since I have removed the complete factory exhaust system and replaced it with a Stainless Works setup (2" headers and a full 3" exhaust with cats) I won't take part in this recall.
Problem is, Dodge keeps contacting me to get it done.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
I have just had it done to my 2015 SRT HC with 1400 mi, since I live in Cali, and need to smog it. The dealer replaced both cats, o2s, and oxygen canister, then flashed the pcm. Sounds quieter until you open up then it resumes that sweet sound.
One small problem, I only drove it about 50-75 miles took it to a smog place & the readout said OBDII monitors not ready. It further reads your vehicle failed due to the fact your vehicles on board computer system has not completed the emission system's self checks.
Fukin California!
Anyway he told me to put a few hundred miles on her and bring it back.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
983 Posts
I've been getting this notice about the cats for quite a while. But I no longer have the factory exhaust system on the car. Went with a Stainless Works 2" longtube header setup with a 3" exhaust out the back. The S/W cats are also 3", so no way I will be taking advantage of this recall. The problem is, I can't seem to get them to stop sending these notices.

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Take a video of you bringing the car into the dealer which includes the calendar and a shot of whoever received the car/keys.
Include closeups of the exhaust tips to demonstrate that they protrude the same amount.

I failed to do this, and the dealer claimed some miracle happened that caused ME to misalign the exhaust so the right one protruded one inch further than the left after the emissions recall was done and the butchers had finished axe-and-sledgehammering the new catalytic converters into place. I noticed it before I even started the car up after they were finished, but they claimed it was my fault and wouldn't do anything to fix it.

You may want to inform them you took the video or you may not. You may prefer to sue FCA and start a class action lawsuit instead. Remember to take another video demonstrating date and include their service manager if possible that shows the rear of the car after the installation.

In fact, I suggest you invite a litigation attorney along when you drop the car off and pick it up and get HIM to do the recording.

Also, this is a VERY common problem when getting the recall done, not a one-off, hence the potential for a class-action lawsuit, and forcing yet another recall.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts