SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I just purchased a EZ Hauler 24ft enclosed trailer for my 19 widebody. What is the best way to tie the car down inside? I’m getting ready to order tie downs and straps but wanted to get some insight before pulling the trigger on anything.
The trailer has 4 5000lbs D rings in each corner, will I need to add more or can I make it work with just those 4? I definitely don’t want my wheels to get any rub marks from the straps if they have to go through the wheels. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
184 Posts
After loading my wide body HC we could not reach under the air dam to connect the straps. I backed the car back down the ramp until the front wheels were just inside the hauler. The front end of the car was now raised so we could attach the straps in the front. My son walked the straps forward as I pulled the car back into the hauler.
The rear attachment points were easily accessed from the rear of the car.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,039 Posts
I have full length E-tracks in my trailer, installed so they're under the tires. That way I can use wheel nets or wheel straps, and with no need to get under the vehicle.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Widebody Redeye
380 Posts
i bought my etrack systems for my work trailer from dc cargo mall on amazon.....

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
145 Posts
That looks fairly simple. No issues with the car shifting or anything? I hear a lot of debate on strapping to tires vs. the frame/other components etc...
I have towed a lot of miles like this. No shifting of any sort. Works well.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,039 Posts
Here you go, Anthony.

There are bolts every 12 inches, at the cross members, and the rest I riveted since the floor is aluminum extrusions.
In typical trailer fashion, the floor itself is only welded to the frame just enough to not rattle, but by tying it all together it should be strong enough.

Also, my spacing turned out to be the same as the four factory installed D-rings, and those have fairly large backing plates welded to the frame. Not that I use them, but they're stout enough that I could.

Sorry, but I don't remember where I bought the track. Probably at US Cargo Control, since I buy a fair amount of stuff from there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here you go, Anthony.

There are bolts every 12 inches, at the cross members, and the rest I riveted since the floor is aluminum extrusions.
In typical trailer fashion, the floor itself is only welded to the frame just enough to not rattle, but by tying it all together it should be strong enough.

Also, my spacing turned out to be the same as the four factory installed D-rings, and those have fairly large backing plates welded to the frame. Not that I use them, but they're stout enough that I could.

Sorry, but I don't remember where I bought the track. Probably at US Cargo Control, since I buy a fair amount of stuff from there.

View attachment 571010 View attachment 571011
Looks great! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,039 Posts
What I really like, aside from not using sprung components to tie to, is that by using idlers the ratchet ends up away from the vehicle. Makes them easy to get to, and there's nothing to potentially hit the paint on the splitter...or anything else.
I have since bought wheel nets that aren't adjustable, but fits the 'Cat's tires perfectly.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,553 Posts
This is how I tie mine down. Works well and doesn't require much effort. View attachment 571005
Did that side door come with your trailer or was it added on afterwards? Looks a little different than what I'm used to seeing.
I assume those ramps your car is sitting on are Race Ramps trailer tie down ramps? Do you use them on the front and rear?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
145 Posts
Did that side door come with your trailer or was it added on afterwards? Looks a little different than what I'm used to seeing.
I assume those ramps your car is sitting on are Race Ramps trailer tie down ramps? Do you use them on the front and rear?
The trailer came with the garage door already installed. The trailer brand is ATC and that's how they built their side doors.
Yes, those are Race Ramps. I only use them for the front. They give me room to get under the car. There's enough room in the rear that I don't need them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have 82” between the fenders. Going to try to load it and position this week. I also ordered E-Track as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts