SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey SRT family, been a while that I haven't posted here, things have been crazy, but hope to start spending again more time here.

Wanted your opinion on this sound that just started coming from my engine bay. Sounds to me that my supercharger bearings are gone, but wanted to gauge your thoughts.

A little less than 10k miles, very heavy on mods.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
925 Posts
Sounds a lot like the video "jakelind707" posted on his serpentine belt pulley failure. I'd link it but not sure how. It was called "supercharger failure at 33k miles" Or yes, supercharger?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody Octane Red
1,505 Posts
I'd pull the belts and see if everything turns freely then look at the supercharger.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, will start by taking a look at the pulleys and hope that's the case. I dont need the expense of fixing/replacing the supercharger. This is a MY 2016, btw.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,103 Posts
Cadillac had this on their CTS-Vs, a few years ago. It was an anti-rattle spring. Most of them made a "rattling" noise, but caused no damage. There were places that made aftermarket ones to quiet it down. They did extend the SC warranty out to 10YR/100K anyway.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys, just wanted to update all that it ended up being the idler pulley; replaced it and all is back to normal. Thanks all who contributed with thoughts and suggestions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts