SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two days ago my 2020 redeye started knocking/tapping at idle on the drivers side of the engine. Went from hearing it occasionally, to always knocking at idle. Seems to still run perfect. This is definitely not the “hemi tick”. It is a very noticeable tapping that is consistent with the engine idle rpm. It is worse when cold, but does not go away when warmed up to operating temp. Always there. Coming from one certain area too. Already spoke with a service tech. Making an appointment to take it in. Gonna stop driving it until then.

·
Registered
44 Posts
So sorry about your problems with your car, it's a bad feeling when you buy a new car and start out with problems. I wish you the best.(y)

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. Yeah I will post whatever we find and the resolution. Its funny. Normally I would be absolutely devastated about it...I love my redeye. But Im not stressing too bad. Gonna let the warranty work its thing. Sure am glad I never modded it!

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
If they can’t ID suggest check the push rods, I had a strange noise turned out was a bent exhaust pushrod in #7 cylinder. Part Replacement cost $3.59, labor another story.

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just an update. I finally found a good, certified Dodge mechanic. Took the redeye in and he spent about 1 1/2 hours with me and my car. Made me feel fairly confident that the tapping noise comes and goes a bit, and is not out of the scope of ok. I am definitely OCD, so it still annoys me. It is documented now however and if it gets even slightly worse, he said I can bring it back immediately and he will take care of it. He implied without it being loud enough to easily hear with the hood closed, or causing check engine lights, poor performance, etc., dodge will not let them go into the motor. So I am gonna drive it and quit worrying about it. As for the coolant smell, same thing. It doesn’t leak and it holds the pressure test. So unless it starts either, have to wait and see. But short of that happening, Just had it documented and drive it unless it gets worse. I feel ok for the most part. I am so OCD, I have to just trust in what Im told for now unless it gets worse. Without doing so, it would drive me absolutely nuts! I am seriously thinking about ordering a 2021 super stock too at this point anyway.

·
Registered
In The Market
1,366 Posts
Sounds like a coherent plan. I’ll try to adopt your attitude if/when things crop up. Who is your trusted Tech/Dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts