SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
In The Market
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good morning everybody,

I apologize as I'm new to potentially ordering a new vehicle, but with some of the deals out there for ordering versus in stock, it only makes sense. I heard a term I've never heard used before, when I was asking what they would be willing to do price/discount wise on an ordered vehicle. The term used by the salesman was "equity proposal" I'm assuming this would be in regards to a lease, I'm planning to purchase, not lease. I did try searching the forum, and anything I found did reference leasing, I'm just looking for confirmation.

Thanks for the help.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
692 Posts
Good morning everybody,

I apologize as I'm new to potentially ordering a new vehicle, but with some of the deals out there for ordering versus in stock, it only makes sense. I heard a term I've never heard used before, when I was asking what they would be willing to do price/discount wise on an ordered vehicle. The term is "equity proposal" I'm assuming this would be in regards to a lease, I'm planning to purchase, not lease. I did try searching the forum, and anything I found did reference leasing, I'm just looking for confirmation.

Thanks for the help.
First off there will next to nothing that is stock on lots ( and if there is ) they will be MRSP or higher with an ADM !!
Best bet if going to purchase is order the car the way you want it and pay invoice or little below ! ( get it in writing do a contract ) That's it then your wait begins !! Oh ya get a dealer that moves hellcats as well...because they may not have allocation for car...ask upfront first !
Cheers and good luck :)

· Registered
Challenger SRT 392
233 Posts
At my job now, we have to do an Equity and Social Justice analysis for most every thing we do and then put forth a proposal on the best way to address those issues. I think that is what your dealer might be taking about.

· Registered
In The Market
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At my job now, we have to do an Equity and Social Justice analysis for most every thing we do and then put forth a proposal on the best way to address those issues. I think that is what your dealer might be taking about.
Oh, alright. Thank you. I've never heard of something like that being required before.

· HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,740 Posts
Good morning everybody,

I apologize as I'm new to potentially ordering a new vehicle, but with some of the deals out there for ordering versus in stock, it only makes sense. I heard a term I've never heard used before, when I was asking what they would be willing to do price/discount wise on an ordered vehicle. The term used by the salesman was "equity proposal" I'm assuming this would be in regards to a lease, I'm planning to purchase, not lease. I did try searching the forum, and anything I found did reference leasing, I'm just looking for confirmation.

Thanks for the help.
Why didnt you just ask them to clarify?

Reactions: MJS73 and DBII

· Registered
213 Posts
Oh, alright. Thank you. I've never heard of something like that being required before.
I think we often think others are using terms precisely, when they are sloppy with them.
a perfect example is on a recent car purchase the salesman quoted me an "out the door price" (we all know what that means), however then he proceeded to say "plus tax, title and registration". :mad:

I think here the salesman might just be trying to use a less offensive term for ADM-but who knows.

· Registered
In The Market
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

· Registered
In The Market
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think we often think others are using terms precisely, when they are sloppy with them.
a perfect example is on a recent car purchase the salesman quoted me an "out the door price" (we all know what that means), however then he proceeded to say "plus tax, title and registration". :mad:

I think here the salesman might just be trying to use a less offensive term for ADM-but who knows.
I hadn't really thought of that. Certainly possible.

· Banned
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
3,421 Posts
I have been buying cars for over 50 years, Most were ordered or new off the lot. I have a MBA and aced my finance courses. I never heard of the term... He might be trying to convince you that he is smarter than you!

One of my lessons of life: If you assume the person you are talking to is a dumb ass, you will be right at least 60% of the time! That increases to maybe 90% if the person is trying to sell something!

· Registered
Jailbreak delivered 11/9
193 Posts
This link was informative for myself, since I live in Texas and have decided to sell my 1966-427 Convertible Corvette. Been thinking of a way to trade it in for the jailbreak on order. Not pay sales tax. Looking to get as close to the Cats MSRP. Owned the Vette for 42 years.
i have plenty of time to decide.. still at D since 1/17.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.