SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat MY2018
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have the a problem. CEL Code P1621 and P1622.
I did a log drive with the HP Tuners Flasher. There I saw that the rear control O2 Sensor B1 has 0V starting voltage and B2 5V starting voltage and then regulates wildly between 0 and 5V while driving. The front control O2 sensors do their work normally.
I have now ordered 2 new sensors and will install them. I hope that solves the problem.

I'm just worried that the two error codes will come at the same time. Maybe someone has some advice?

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,461 Posts
Did a search and found a thread -- I note you posted in this thread -- that new sensors didn't "fix" the problem. One poster reported to deal with these errors a new PCM was required along with the "wiring redone" and two new sensors.

I have no details on what Dodge calls for in the way of diagnosing what's actually going on.

If you want to throw O2 sensors at the error codes that's of course up to you. Were I in your situation I'd probably do the same thing.

Be sure you handle the new sensors with care. Do not touch tips. Do not use anti-seize. (When I replaced O2 sensors in other car brands I used factory sensors and the factory sensors came with some O2 sensor safe thread lube already applied.)

Do not clean the connectors with electrical contact cleaner. Some sensors "breathe" through the wiring lead and the cleaner can foul the sensor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for you advice..
In the old thread was actually only to read that Dodge had renewed everything, what it really was, is not there. The CEL seems to be rare because you can hardly find anything.
I ordered NGK sensors. I hope they will work.. A buddy told me today that NKG sensors aren't the best decision but if I will better results than I will order then OEM sensor. I thought that NGK is fine..
There is a tune on this PCM so I need a new complete open PCM if it is broken.
The Car is from 2018 an with 10000 miles.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Today I exchanged my tuned PCM for the old one. He walked with it like a sack of nuts, but the error reappeared anyway. Before that, I had switched off the power to the other PCM for a few hours, but that didn't change anything.
So it can't be the PCM. I'll change the sensors tomorrow. Hopefully is it the O2 Sensor and not the wires.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,
it was a bad wire / loose contact on one of the O2 Sensors. It was crazy that this loose contact had disturbed both sensors and produced 2 different errors.
As soon as I bent the cables around, the error disappeared.
I exchanged both for NGK sensors and everything was fine again. Incidentally, they are exactly the same as the OEM Mopar sensors and also had the NGK company name on them, plus the Mopar number.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts