SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the following service done at the independent garage I trust:

• Gearbox oil change
  • Differential oil change
  • Throttle cleaning
  • Brake fluid change
  • engine oil change
  • wheel alignment

Now I have the following error codes in the memory:

U1140,U113F,P023B,U02A9

What went wrong ? Where should we start looking?

Thanks

·
Registered
2020 SRT SUPER STOCK HELLRAISIN
3,682 Posts

• Gearbox oil change
  • Throttle cleaning
  • Brake fluid change
  • engine oil change
  • wheel alignment

U1140,U113F,P023B,U02A9

Thanks
If they are in the memory, just clear them and don't worry about it. If you currently have active codes and the Check Engine MIL light is on in your dash, then, yes it needs to be fixed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they are in the memory, just clear them and don't worry about it. If you currently have active codes and the Check Engine MIL light is on in your dash, then, yes it needs to be fixed.
Thank you. How do i clear Them in the bc without external Tools ?

·
Registered
2020 SRT SUPER STOCK HELLRAISIN
3,682 Posts
Thank you. How do i clear Them in the bc without external Tools ?
If they are in memory/history and not active (no light on dash), then you must have been told about them. Otherwise the tool that you use to see them can also reset them. Unless they are considered permanent. Some codes will be in the history as permanent codes because they are useful to know that they were activated at one time. But even permanent codes will eventually reset them selves. If you do not have a light on the dash I would not worry about it.

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,331 Posts
Stop by any auto part store and ask to use their OBD2 scanner, plug it in, turn car on aux (power on but no engine on) and it'll turn the scanner on. Delete the codes and cycle start vehicle the light will be gone.

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
863 Posts
Maybe before you clear anything, show it to the shop that did the work so this is on record. I am not a mechanic but a quick search of these codes shows they all could be caused by an open circuit and/or high resistance. Sounds like they might have left a connector unplugged or disturbed one. Have them look at it.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,564 Posts

• Gearbox oil change
  • Throttle cleaning
  • Brake fluid change
  • engine oil change
  • wheel alignment

U1140,U113F,P023B,U02A9

Thanks
U1140 - Lost communication with active exhaust valve 2.
U113F - Lost communication with active exhaust valve 1.
P023B - Charge Air Cooler Coolant Pump Control Circuit Low.
U02A9 - Lost Communication With Charge Air Cooler Coolant Pump.

Nothing jumps out at me. I would like to know the freeze frame error code. This is the code that triggered the CEL and can be the code that points to the underlying problem.

I say nothing jumps out at me, but the U113F/U1140 codes deal with the active exhaust valves, 1 and 2. Could the gearbox or diff fluid change prompted a tech to disconnect of the exhaust valve wiring?

And the P023B and U02A9 could arise if during the throttle cleaning wiring was disconnected.

Often in these cases the SOP is to read the codes, write them down, and note the freeze frame code and freeze frame data, then clear the codes and road test the car.

If one or more codes come back then you have something "solid" to go on.

In this case then a close inspection of the exhaust valve wiring and connectors for any signs of having been disturbed or having been damaged.

Likewise the wiring in the engine compartment needs a close inspection for any signs of having been disturbed or having been damaged.

Last but not least, and maybe this should have been first, 2ndAmend brings up a good point taking the car back to where you had the work done.

The car should not have been delivered to you with a CEL on.

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
863 Posts
Rockster is correct, but when 4 mostly unrelated codes appear at the same time, especially right after someone was poking around, I immediately suspect a single event caused all codes. One thing all these codes have in common is that they all can be caused by an open and/or high resistance, a connector being a likely suspect. And I agree, the car should not have been delivered with the CLE, maybe it did not come on until after warm-up? Do cars still run open loop until they are warmed?

Haven’t heard from the OP lately…

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,564 Posts
Rockster is correct, but when 4 mostly unrelated codes appear at the same time, especially right after someone was poking around, I immediately suspect a single event caused all codes. One thing all these codes have in common is that they all can be caused by an open and/or high resistance, a connector being a likely suspect. And I agree, the car should not have been delivered with the CLE, maybe it did not come on until after warm-up? Do cars still run open loop until they are warmed?

Haven’t heard from the OP lately…
To the best of my knowledge all car engines run open loop shortly after cold start. The amount of time varies based on ambient temperature, engine temperature, and other factors.

Regardless, based on actively monitoring the OBD2 status I have observed the status going from open loop to closed loop concurrent with the shutting off the secondary air injection pump or for those cars not equipped with a secondary air injection system when the cold idle RPMs fall to nearer the hot idle RPMs.

Taking off after cold start with minimal to no "warm up" the switch to closed loop mode happens in about the same amount of time -- again determined by monitoring the OBD2 status -- but there is no reliable way to know when this happens if the car has no secondary air injection system and a pump to listen to when it shuts off.

Some error conditions can be recognized even before the PCM goes closed loop.

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
863 Posts

• Gearbox oil change
  • Throttle cleaning
  • Brake fluid change
  • engine oil change
  • wheel alignment

U1140,U113F,P023B,U02A9

Thanks
Are you going to let us know what's up or just leave us hanging? Makes me wonder if it is even worth the keystrokes to help a new guy...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts