SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
104 Posts
I checked my oil today and thought oh god I can’t imagine changing the spark plugs in this bad boy.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
162 Posts
I checked my oil today and thought oh god I can’t imagine changing the spark plugs in this bad boy.
It isn't all that bad. Takes more time to gap and grease 16 plugs than it does to just do the job. You have to be a little creative with the socket wrench extensions, but it isn't terrible. I've done jobs where you had to pull the AC compressor off and loosen the rear motor mounts on some Fords. This is simple in comparison :)

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
404 Posts
I don't know why, maybe because I'm Southern, but every time I open the hood I hear some redneck high school football coach say, "Ya'll gotta let the big dawg eat!"
View attachment 560998
I'm curious why yours doesn't have the cover for the ABS pump/brake lines (should be in front of the fuse box)

And polishing those A/C lines would complete the look IMO, see here:

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
162 Posts
I'm curious why yours doesn't have the cover for the ABS pump/brake lines (should be in front of the fuse box)

And polishing those A/C lines would complete the look IMO, see here:
From what I've read, this is a 2015-2018 thing. My 2020 didn't come with one. Maybe it's different?

I have polished those lines. The photo above was taken a couple days after I took delivery. I should update the engine photo at some point :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,078 Posts
From what I've read, this is a 2015-2018 thing. My 2020 didn't come with one. Maybe it's different?
Correct. It's only needed on the 2015-18 with the extractor hood, with the new hood in 2019 there is no more opening to drip water through the hood.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is at T/A.

The top of the box came from the factory with the stock cold air system but I modified it to take an Airaid 6" mouth filter 721-127. Breathes in big air now and sounds amazing.
Also I designed that red tube across the front in the pic, it is ram air intake from the passenger side headlight.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks!
The ram air upgrade kit only fits for 2015-2021 Challenger with 5.7L, 6.4L, and 392 with HD headlights. Any of yours?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
861 Posts
Who would waste their money decorating an engine bay anyways........
Resized_20200508_190311.jpeg

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
404 Posts
Correct. It's only needed on the 2015-18 with the extractor hood, with the new hood in 2019 there is no more opening to drip water through the hood.
Oh, I thought it was just a cosmetic part.

I added it to my Scat, for example, just for the cleaner look/to cover it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts