SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
Challenger SRT 426
6 Posts
I cringed watching the guy popping open the center console with a screw driver. $90,000 car deserved a more vip / simple way to activate this. Very sloppy and opens owners up to a dealership messing something up / scratching the interior.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
332 Posts
I just watched it earlier and wondering if the tech damaged the original a/c outlet removing it or it'll just snap back in?
I wish we could've initialed an additional waiver line and just had these items installed for an extra $1 so it wouldn't have to be taken apart by a tech
Non the tech didnt damage the outlet, it went back together perfectly.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
654 Posts
Interiors are designed to be taken apart, every part of the car is designed to be taken apart. That’s not the part that bothers me one bit. That’s what I do for a living, but my shop uses specialized interior tools, not metal screwdrivers. Can you get away with using a screwdriver? sure, but why risk marking the soft plastic interior pieces. I’m going to do that part on my own too. Heck I’m even going to have my pcm prepped for the tech to just disconnect and connect I’ll finish the install. I’m just anal that way. Thanks for the info and heads up!

Reactions: hell on wheels
Challenger SRT 426
6 Posts
Interiors are designed to be taken apart, every part of the car is designed to be taken apart. That’s not the part that bothers me one bit. That’s what I do for a living, but my shop uses specialized interior tools, not metal screwdrivers. Can you get away with using a screwdriver? sure, but why risk marking the soft plastic interior pieces. I’m going to do that part on my own too. Heck I’m even going to have my pcm prepped for the tech to just disconnect and connect I’ll finish the install. I’m just anal that way. Thanks for the info and heads up!
That was my point exactly. Why the center console couldn’t have come from the factory is mind boggling. The other interesting thing is this: by charging over $350 for the install Dodge is making over $1,000,000 in service fees.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
654 Posts
We have to remember what we are really buying and the era in which we are buying it before we start to shoot down FCA's approach to producing this car. Once it all processes in our minds we are reminded to giggle, appreciate, keep quiet and be content playing with our new toy....

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
937 Posts
I wish you you lived close to me, I would have you do the same thing for me! LOL

I just hope I can find an SRT tech in my area that is as anal as we are!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
937 Posts
That was my point exactly. Why the center console couldn’t have come from the factory is mind boggling. The other interesting thing is this: by charging over $350 for the install Dodge is making over $1,000,000 in service fees.
Yes, very interesting.....

What is even more interesting is your statement that Dodge is making $1,000,000. First, do you have to buy the crate? Do you have to have the 840hp tune installed? But more importantly, after the Dealer does the job do they send the money for the job back to Dodge? Does the mechanic work for free? Does the dealer not pay heat, electricity, property tax, insurance.......

I am a little confused how “Dodge” is making one Milllllllllllllllllllion dollars in “service fees”? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
16 Posts
1100 miles on it and I just had the PCM, Center Stack, Air filter and vent installed today. The also changed the oil for $281. Shes happy and I cant wait to go fill her up with some 100 octane!!!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
25 Posts
LaserDoc - if you want - you can use Airdroid on your phone to move large files from the phone to your PC or Mac. I have attached an outline of the steps (Airdroid.txt). Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
565 Posts
Had mine installed yesterday and the service guys told me to put my wallet away. They said with a car costing as much as the Demon, and the crate being a dollar sales could pick up the labor. I have to say they have been great from start to finish. I read all the horror stories on here about sleazy dealers and it makes me appreciate how professional mine is. As I was waiting outside for them to bring the car some little kid came up to me and told me there was a demon back there in the shop. He said he got a picture of it through the window. Told him to hang on for a minute and he could get some close up pics. He ran into the dealership and came back out with his brother. I let them sit in it and start it up. Absolutely made their day and mine!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts