SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Got my Hellcat a couple of months ago in December and everything has been amazing until recently.

Shortly after getting it I did both a muffler and resonator delete and it sounded absolutely phenomenal, especially on a cold start, it was like a shotgun!

Recently I have no idea what changed, but it hasn't been sounding the same. In the morning it just sounds much quieter, not even the pop that I used to look forward to in the morning and it's frustrating.

I realized a few days ago that my LMI intake was kind of loose from the clamp, so I tightened that, but still nothing.

Can anyone help me out, I miss the sounds and roars of this beast in the morning.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,018 Posts
I'm going to guess that the servos on the exhaust butterfly valves are not operating properly. Someone sells a kit to defeat the system so they're always open. Maybe look at that for starters. A friend of mine had his 2019 redeye delivered from the factory with inoperable exhaust butterfly valves...they were just in the closed position at at all times making the car much quieter than it should have been and he was down on power because of it as well. Dodge might warranty it but only if the dealership is nice about it due to the exhaust being modified.

Reactions: Chancey

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
988 Posts
Someone sells a kit to defeat the system so they're always open
or

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks @Challey Cat I was thinking that could be the problem too, because some days it will start up fine. Is that issue with power your friend had from the butterfly valve situation? Because I feel it doesn't have that punch it had when I first got the car, but thought it was all in my head haha

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you @snobrdrdan I'll definitely check that out, praying it fixes my issue. I'd love it if the valves were always open with no codes, hope it's an easy install.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thank you @snobrdrdan I'll definitely check that out, praying it fixes my issue. I'd love it if the valves were always open with no codes, hope it's an easy install.
it will cost you (if you don’t want a code)…I went with the Zautomotive AES delete kit...expensive, but simple (plug and play) to install...hardest part, jacking up the rear of the car to get to the actuators...lol

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Thanks @Challey Cat I was thinking that could be the problem too, because some days it will start up fine. Is that issue with power your friend had from the butterfly valve situation? Because I feel it doesn't have that punch it had when I first got the car, but thought it was all in my head haha
Yes his power was affected due to the exhaust being choked down under boost. Track mode is supposed to keep the butterflys open at all times. When cruising along at at 2000 RPM when the butterflies are normally halfway closed push the track mode button and see if you notice a louder audible difference, if so, you'll know that's the problem. That's how I diagnosed the problem on my friend's Redeye.

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
476 Posts
If that is indeed the issue, I went with the Khaos Motorsports exhaust valve delete kit. Keeps em open, and doesnt throw a code. Looks factory and a clean install too.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
988 Posts
Bolts right on!

That said, I should be selling my car here real soon and will have my Khaos kit for sale

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
988 Posts
it will cost you (if you don’t want a code)…I went with the Zautomotive AES delete kit...expensive, but simple (plug and play) to install...hardest part, jacking up the rear of the car to get to the actuators...lol
Easy install for that kit, but also more expensive.
And then you're relying on the (weak) factory spring and the valve motor itself to keep the valves open too.

Just sayin'

1 - 11 of 11 Posts