SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Exhaust Note

3K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  vrwebster 
#1 ·
I recently traded my 2016 Scat Pack for a 2019 Redeye and the exhaust seems as loud as my Scat Pack did with a Borla Atak exhaust on it. The exhaust looks factory but I'm wondering if they all have that rather aggressive tone from the factory? Not complaining, just curious.

#2 ·
I’m guessing you bought it used? Check the mid pipes and look for something missing or replaced lol. My ‘20 RE sounds about the same as my ‘15 SRT 392. Both bought new and stock. I will say due to my 3.09’s the RE does sound fairly aggressive because it’s higher in the rpm range now. Do you have the 3.09’s?

Reactions: Chancey
#5 ·
Reactions: Slowpoke387
#3 ·
Yeah, for some odd reason a LOT of people equate noise with power, so they cut the mid mufflers off; like my Charger was. I had to add some shorties to quiet it down. I'm guessing that these people will NEVER buy electric cars no matter how fast they are!!!!!!!!!

#6 ·
#4 ·
My Redeye has a very pleasant, aggressive and what I consider loud exhaust note. I still own a max’ed out modified HD and had a screamer of custom bike that sounded like a two cylinder NASCAR machine. In other words I cannot hear and it is loud. Stock.

#8 ·
Check for mid-muffler replacement. A popular modification to the exhaust system is replacing the mid-mufflers with Vibrant 1794 straight through style resonator.

#10 ·
I've owned a few SPs and ran them all with stock exhaust but with the valves always open. Bought the new Cat a few months ago and even without the valves always open I felt like it was definitely louder in almost all situations than the SPs. After a few days I also opened the valves on the Cat and I think it really sounds amazing after breaking in the exhaust a little. Been debating on doing vibrants and will probably give in eventually but its temping to leave it stock.

Also if you ever hear a stock Scat Pack accellerate and then a stock Hellcat right after, the Hellcat def roars louder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.