SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Unburned fuel lighting in the exhaust. I used to be able to set that up on purpose with my old WRX. If I timed it just right, I could scare the shit out of people on the sidewalk. Childish, yes. But a lot of fun.
LOL reminds me of one time I happened to have that happen in a bobtail truck, it had a big muffler so it would make a very, very loud bang. It just so happened that the bang went off right next to a California Highway Patrol motor officer working on the shoulder with another customer. Of course, it was unintentional, and also of course it scared the shit out of the motor officer. And naturally after having the shit scared out of him he got mad and he immediately came after me and pulled me over. I didn't get a ticket but he did look the truck over for any possible mechanical violations.

The gurgling pops the Hellcat produces are very cool sounding fortunately not nearly as loud as the backfire explosions that scare the shit out of people. I love those little pops the Hellcat produces.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I wouldn't mind a solid shot of flame out the exhaust like a true "backfire"

I don't like those lazy flames that come from those flame thrower kits.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Back in the day, I had a 1973 challenger, 4 speed with open headers. I would roll down main street in my town and turn the key off and pump the shit out of the gas while in gear, it would load up the cylinders with raw fuel then hit the key to ignite that shit, BANG! would scare the hell out of everyone on the street. ahh the good ol days! Would get thrown in jail if I did that today! GO TRUMP!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Unburned fuel lighting in the exhaust. I used to be able to set that up on purpose with my old WRX. If I timed it just right, I could scare the shit out of people on the sidewalk. Childish, yes. But a lot of fun.
P are used to take my dad's old Ford truck take it down on main street get it rolling turn it off with the it in gear turn the key back on about four seconds later and I mean there was a bomb that one off

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Remove the cats and it pops all the time when decelerating.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Yes leave the the mid mufflers on and remove the cats sounds great. With a tune of course

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
How does it compare to the sound without mufflers? More raspy? Higher sound level? Deeper tone?

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I would say more throaty

·
Registered
655 Posts
LOL reminds me of one time I happened to have that happen in a bobtail truck, it had a big muffler so it would make a very, very loud bang. It just so happened that the bang went off right next to a California Highway Patrol motor officer working on the shoulder with another customer. Of course, it was unintentional, and also of course it scared the shit out of the motor officer. And naturally after having the shit scared out of him he got mad and he immediately came after me and pulled me over. I didn't get a ticket but he did look the truck over for any possible mechanical violations.

The gurgling pops the Hellcat produces are very cool sounding fortunately not nearly as loud as the backfire explosions that scare the shit out of people. I love those little pops the Hellcat produces.
Can't stand the CHP. Man they suck ass.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts