SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that one of my exhaust tips is not aligned very well with the rear bumper so I took a look to see if it can be adjusted. I was glad to see a bolt on one side that looks like you can loosen it and change the angle unfortunately there is a fairly large tack weld on the other side. I was going to try to file the tack weld down to make the adjustment. Does anyone else have a better idea?
Auto part Machine tool Machine

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,650 Posts
Lets see how misaligned it is.

Thx

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,835 Posts
Loosen the bolt and you will be able to manipulate the alignment... Been there, done that on my '12 SRT... Same style

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
424 Posts
Take it back to the dealer and order another Hellcat

In the mean time, I will buy it from the dealer while you wait for another
new Hellcat that has the correct adjustment. LOL

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes take it to the dealer you jest payed 60+ thousand to fix it!
I mentioned it at the dealership. The service manager got under the car and says "It can't be moved because it's welded." I wasn't looking at it with him so I assumed that it was welded all the way around. The car is stored right now so I can't take it back now. Sometimes things just work out better if you do them yourself.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
188 Posts
If you're super particular about a car, don't buy a Chrysler product...Hopefully and maybe they will have the build quality issues worked out for the next run.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
66 Posts
I noticed that one of my exhaust tips is not aligned very well with the rear bumper so I took a look to see if it can be adjusted. I was glad to see a bolt on one side that looks like you can loosen it and change the angle unfortunately there is a fairly large tack weld on the other side. I was going to try to file the tack weld down to make the adjustment. Does anyone else have a better idea? View attachment 1033
Same on jeep SRT. That's how you do it. Grind weld and loosen nut

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
66 Posts
I mentioned it at the dealership. The service manager got under the car and says "It can't be moved because it's welded." I wasn't looking at it with him so I assumed that it was welded all the way around. The car is stored right now so I can't take it back now. Sometimes things just work out better if you do them yourself.
Kick his lazy butt......

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
46 Posts
This is very common on new exaust pipes. When they get hot and then cool off, they move around a bit. Drive it for awhile longer until it finds it's home, then adjust you tips.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.