SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Exhaust tips (if you are like me and refuse to pay Carven their outrageous ask for tips lol) - 4.5" / 5"

12K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  Jaybee8812 
#1 ·

Hybers11 on eBay has a few solid options (for reasonable prices) on 4.5 / 5" outlet, 3" inlet tips - mostly just 304 stainless but they do have glossy black as well.

I don't know whoever they are, just a heads up to those out there like myself who find it silly to put down $230 on carven tips (I personally don't like the look, besides the ridiculous price)

I'll take pics of what I bought from them when they are back from powdercoating - the tips I got are 3" inlet, 5" outlet with a slant cut - they are hefty and the welding looked to be done by someone who seems to care about their craft which was surprising - look tig welded. I got my girlfriend some similar tips from DT exhaust and these seemed better quality then those.

I haven't installed them yet but I did test fit one before I had them dropped off to powdercoat - the tips at 3" in mated up pretty much perfect with the socket bulge on the OEM exhaust that's after the resonator - so it can easily be welded right on. Mine I got are 7" long and at that length ever so slightly protude past the bumper (will take pics..bear with me lol). I am thinking I may be able to get away with using the OEM clamp to keep the tip on, but haven't had a chance to confirm that yet.

I believe there's some that are 6.5" on their ebay page too, which would put it a bit further back on the valence cutout - or I would have to say that it would be "easy" to expand the end of the tips inlet to more of a curve like the OEM tip to fit further onto the socket to gain a closer to flush tip if that's your jam.

Anyhow! Hope this helps someone. If you have questions, feel free to reply or PM me and i'll do what I can to assist.

Some of the tips they have seem to be in the US and others are held in China so be mindful of that. I did contact them with a question and they got back to me pretty fast so it wouldn't hurt to ask them if they have something in the US if their page doesn't show it.

See less See more
#3 ·
Those look decent. However , I supported Carven, theyre made in the USA and I do my best to not support communist China.

#5 ·
Eh you give me absolute 100% proof they do not use China for any of their exhaust parts and i'll be shocked and respect the commentary.

I'm a realist - I find it silly to pay an American 500% markup because it's from America - greedy companies here are why I don't particularly make a big deal over where stuff originates. I've worked for a few companies now that have just stretched the "made in the USA" garbage, meanwhile the assembly line workers all are pretty much illegal / making absolute minimum wage / get abused 50+ hours a week, and all of the parts came from China anyways.

#11 ·
Can be put on with the oem clamps just fine.
May help to break the clamp free of the tack weld (easy to do) but if you are more patient then me may not be necessary

Attachments

#16 ·
Sorry for the slow reply - yes they are on solid with the OEM clamps

Rather than the bulge on the OEM tip mating up over the socket of the end of the resonator, these tips push up flush over the peak of the socket, and the clamp secures that bridge point.

I tried to rattle the tips around with both hands and neither moved once I had the clamps nice and snugged down.

#21 ·
DT Exhaust DT-30113EBK are another option - these are already black powder coated and run about $110 with tax and what not from CarId - only thing to note with these is that they are 9 inches long. So if you want your tips to not sit flush you can just put them on and bolt them down with the OEM clamp - otherwise you have to cut off X amount and then clamp them on - or weld them on. I just put these on my Redeye since I sold my "regular" Hellcat I had put the other tips on.

#25 ·
Sorry - moved states and havent been keeping up with the site

If you are referring to the ebay seller, the tips should not be $110 for one...both tips should run around that (give or take a little..no idea if price has gone up or down)

The DT exhaust ones are around $100 for the pair and are already black powder coated - I would suggest going with those personally but as mentioned you will need to have them cut down a little bit (or not) depending on your tastes I.E. how flush or not flush you want the tips with your diffuser.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.