SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 hellcat challenger 6 speed
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a used car looks like someone ran something over. Exhaust valve Actuator was giving lost communication for both, plus lost communication with IC. Though ic turns on and reads temp fine.
My guess is there a short somewhere in the system since they all use the same Lin bus apparently

anyways took off one of the exhaust valve actuators and it seems to be having a hard time. It makes a noise when you shake it like something is loose
Finger Thumb Wrist Nail Machine

·
Registered
2015 Charger SRT Hellcat
790 Posts
Fought with mine so long I decided to cut them out completely and put in the ZAUTOMOTIVE Inactive Exhaust Plugs....much better now

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,591 Posts
yes i hate these stupid things. should have never put these on

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I actually like them but the integration Dodge did is stupid. Everyone else let's you open and close them with a button. Why Dodge didn't do that beats me. I have mine stuck open all the time but cruising on a road trip I'd love to close them with a push of a button.

OP - Just get the zautomotive kit as advised above. Replacements are more expensive than the kit.

·
Registered
2016 hellcat challenger 6 speed
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I’m putting in straight pipe from the header this weekend. Going to have someone program the CEL out during the tune. They are just annoying. Actuator is broken.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,324 Posts
I bought a set of ZAUTOMOTIVE Inactive Exhaust Plugs used and after installation they threw 3-4 codes. Anyone know if ZAUTOMOTIVE could repair them?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,324 Posts
@Ilikemychallenger Sorry but I dont remember. All related to the valves though. Tried alternating to either side with no success. Put my oem valves back, codes gone. Wish they worked but ng. I have them sitting on my work bench.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts