SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2016 hellcat pre-owned I knew it was loud but said ok I'll fix that....well when I got under it I found out why.It has longtube header's and nothing but pipe to the bumper.I have scat pack also with only mid muffler removed and bullet's replacing them and it sounds great.Can anyone tell me the best route to take without breaking the bank for the hellcat?I'm a older guy and just dont want all that noise cant even hear the radio unless it turned way up.I was thinking maybe put the mid muffler off my scat pack in the same place on te hellcat and then something of muffler at the bumper?
Thanks guys

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
477 Posts
Not sure but a lot of the members run the Vibrant 1794 mid mufflers. Still might be loud because headers are notoriously loud with most exhaust systems.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking using the mid muffler on the scat on there and then maybe flowmaster 40's at the rear?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
477 Posts
I would think that a system like AWE with the resonates would be the way to go. They are actually recommended for headers. Wait till Black Friday sale at HHP performance for the best price. Should be cheaper then going with any other setup. MAYBE

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
1,827 Posts
I have long tubes, Mini Race Bullets and the stock resos. Tame enough for me around town then makes a nice statement when I get on it. Thinking I might put the cats back on though.

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,245 Posts
I agree with @SunnyS buying AWE

Also you should put whatever system you have up for sale.

Linda :)

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
165 Posts
A complete exhaust system like the AWE is nice, but pricey. A less expensive option is going with the Vibrant 1142 on all four locations. They cost about $95 each and provide a great sound...while relatively quiet inside the car. Do a google search, a few owners have posted sound clips of the 1142.
Here are mine (vibrant 1142 with stock resonators):

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
235 Posts
Call Steve at Solo. It's a Great sounding exhaust that won't break the bank. You can get it with mufflers or straight through like you have now. I have the straight through and it's not terribly loud, but I don't have headers (or a Hellcat. Ours is a 2015 SRT 392).

As Taxinator said, the Vibrant addition is a Great idea too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A complete exhaust system like the AWE is nice, but pricey. A less expensive option is going with the Vibrant 1142 on all four locations. They cost about $95 each and provide a great sound...while relatively quiet inside the car. Do a google search, a few owners have posted sound clips of the 1142.
Here are mine (vibrant 1142 with stock resonators):

oh yeah that sounds great!!! I may do that 1142 for mids and the rear...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Find somebody that wants to trade and go back to stock.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I'm going to see but I havent seem many hellcat in my area....If I could find some one around here that wanted longtube and straight pipe's I would sure trade and help do the transfer

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,134 Posts
I would save the cash from buying a full system.
I would toss 1794s in the mid spot, and maybe a set of the longer vibrants at the rear. $200ish plus install.

Reactions: rookerrobert

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would save the cash from buying a full system.
I would toss 1794s in the mid spot, and maybe a set of the longer vibrants at the rear. $200ish plus install.
yep that exactly my thought also so the longer vibrant will be quieter? I'm still leaning toward using the mid muffler off my scat pack and the longer vibrant at the rear.

·
Registered
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
334 Posts
I may do that 1142 for mids and the rear...
Is most of the exhaust still the stock 2.75" diameter? If it is, you can get Vibrant 1143 Ultra Quiet resonators to help quiet it down and match up with the size of the OEM exhaust.

Vibrant 2.75" Inlet/Outlet Resonators (New Part # 1143)

I think it's pretty cool that you got long tube headers but I wouldn't want the stink that comes with no catalytic converters. Maybe you could add good free-flowing cats and put the ultra quiet resonators at the back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no your correct I wouldn't even think about putting cats back on and yes it's the stock diameter.Just need to quieted done some.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,134 Posts
If you have long tubes, you must have cats or your car is tuned to turn off the rear o2 sensors....

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,134 Posts
4 o2 sensors
2 in headers, and 2 would be after cats.
The rears would throw codes if no cats and not tuned, unless the o2 sensor used spacers, but you will get a cel eventually

1 - 20 of 32 Posts