SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 TorRed Charger SRT Hellcat
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon folks,

I currently have a catless mids and Corsa xtreme setup on my 2020 Widebody HC Charger. I like the Corsa but I kind of thinking I want an exhaust that is deeper sounding. You guys remember the sound of a Borla S on the WK1 SRT's? I am looking for something that sounds deep like that. Is there any catback that could sound like that or is it just wishful thinking?

Thanks,

-Joe

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody Indigo Blue with Graphics Package
1,232 Posts
Borla ATAK sounds like what your looking for... I had it on my 17 Hellcat and liked it enough to put it on my new REWB

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
683 Posts
Personally, I think the ATAK and Corsa Xtreme are very fart can like. They're high pitched and tinny. If you want a deep throaty rumble (that is scientifically louder as deeper tones travel farther loud than higher pitched ones), then look up Gibson and AWE. Both of them make excellent kits that come in much lower on the octave scale and aren't merely loud with the near total disregard for sound quality.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody Indigo Blue with Graphics Package
1,232 Posts
Strange, I never heard mine sound tinny or high pitched. Of course my hearing isn't the best anymore..

·
Registered
2020 TorRed Charger SRT Hellcat
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is difficult, b/c I do not want to blind buy an exhaust. Videos dont really do much either.
I have to hear them in person. Maybe I should start going to cars and coffee in the summer and hopefully run into Hellcat owners with exhausts. Lol

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
683 Posts
Sadly, you might go years without hearing only Corsas, Borlas, and mid deletes. Every now and then you'll get a person with Vibrants, but if you go AWE, StainlessWorks, or Gibson, you might be the only person in the state with a set.

Mine is still stock, but I am currently debating the AWE touring and the SW retro catback kit. I've used SW many times in the past, but I really like the tone the AWE system puts out. I have a personal rule that goes something like, no rasp, no obscene amount of popping. So, ATAKs and anything made by Corsa is a no from me.

·
Registered
2018 Charger Hellcat
2,228 Posts
I love Corsa. Leave it alone IMO. You are pissing away $ changing again

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,469 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
162 Posts
I haven't seen anyone mention drone so I'll add my 2 cents. I have Kooks headers and Kooks catless off road exhaust which is a very uncommon set up from what I've noticed.

Long story short it is extremely loud and it does drone, maybe that's why it's so uncommon. In any case I'm okay with it and it turns a lot of heads and racks up lots of compliments. It's going to sound killer once I cam the car but I would say it's probably too loud for most. I can post pics if anyone is interested.

On a separate note I have Corsa Sports on my CTS-V and it is raspy but zero drone. The Cat's exhaust is deep and rumbles my entire 2 story house whereas the V is quieter. At WOT the V is way louder, go figure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts