SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye, Triple Nickel
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am strongly considering buying an Aluma 8220H Anniversary Tilt Trailer for my Standard Body Redeye. I drive my Redeye on the street quite a bit, but I need a trailer for transporting the Redeye to track events that are more than an hour away.

I have been able to locate posts on this forum confirming that members have used these tilt trailers for their Hellcats. My Redeye is sitting on the Mopar lowering springs. I am hoping someone can confirm that there are no clearance issues with the front splitter.

Because these trailers are so scarce, I will be putting money down on a trailer before I can actually "test load" the Redeye. The trailer I am considering will not even be in stock for another three weeks or so. I do not want to commit to the trailer if I am going to have clearance issues. I am also still open to other trailer manufacturers.

I have spent more time than I would like to admit researching these trailers, and the Aluma seems to be my best option in the Nashville area. Thank you in advance for any insight you may be able to give on this topic.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye, Triple Nickel
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Load it with some Race Ramps and all is good.

View attachment 569409
I was afraid someone might say that. I was hoping the tilt would eliminate the need to use ramps. If the tilt would require Race Ramps, I could get an 8218 XL Executive model with 8 foot ramps for about $1,400 cheaper, which would include a large storage space on the front of the trailer. Should I consider that option instead, DGatzby?

BTW, I always appreciate your input. I did not realize how deep this trailer related rabbit hole could get.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger HC A8
68 Posts
I did not realize how deep this trailer related rabbit hole could get.
You want to get a trailer with a rock shield, or add one, otherwise yer' going to beat the crap out of your car. I also added mud flaps to my truck.

It's surprising how much debris gets kicked up from what would appear to be a clean road.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,346 Posts
I was afraid someone might say that. I was hoping the tilt would eliminate the need to use ramps. If the tilt would require Race Ramps, I could get an 8218 XL Executive model with 8 foot ramps for about $1,400 cheaper, which would include a large storage space on the front of the trailer. Should I consider that option instead, DGatzby?

BTW, I always appreciate your input. I did not realize how deep this trailer related rabbit hole could get.
I don’t know what the more expensive one is. But, yes, ramps included and a storage space sound good. I gave like $300 for my ramps and they work great FYI. That may help you in some price comparasions.

·
Registered
50 Posts
while I have zero experience in loading a hellcat I do have a saleen mustang and it has always been a pain to load, here are some things I learned
1- where you park the tow vehicle matters as to slope. a little bump between the truck and trailer can dramatically change the angle
2- use can use the jack on the trailer to raise the hitch and truck. an electric trailer jacks is great for this.
3- it isn't necessarily how low but the angle and protrusion of the front spoiler. my friend has a construction trailer he uses for several different yr corvette's I can't it get my front wheels to touch or be within a foot of the ramps before the spoiler hits the ramps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts