SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5A5DA4A5-D3C7-4570-A268-98D802AE19AB.jpeg
As if getting line lock not to work wasn’t enough I have no idea what this is. Take it easy on me fellas. I’m coming from a 2015 Hellcat.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I really appreciate the feedback thank you. Are you able to get line lock to work?
im just screwing around about the blinker fluid thing btw. And to answer your question I haven't used it yet I just got a new driveshaft installed as well from what I know its pretty straight forward to get line lock to activate are you on the right settings? theres a couple detailed youtube videos out there just in case that should be a good visual for you.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,106 Posts
It's something to do with emissions or the PCV, first use for it was 2019.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im just screwing around about the blinker fluid thing btw. And to answer your question I haven't used it yet I just got a new driveshaft installed as well from what I know its pretty straight forward to get line lock to activate are you on the right settings? theres a couple detailed youtube videos out there just in case that should be a good visual for you.
Lololol. Well I fell for it. And yes I’m doing it exactly like it is stated but no cigar. However, there is a round about way in which I got it to work.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Blinker fluid...a$$hole$ Lolololol. Good thing I don’t get butt hurt like most of these sensitive guys on here lol.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It’s part of the crank case evacuation system, it monitors and control flow into the crank case on the “clean side” of the PVC system
Pretty damn cool. Many people running older model HC’s believe that it’s NOT needed.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
haha all in good fun. What was your roundabout way?
Well It looks like I figured out the proper way and I am able to achieve it 100% of the time and getting the brake pressure display. The proper way I simply applied a ton of brake pressure and then I hit the “activate line lock” button versus what 99.9% of the explanations online stating to “Hit the line lock button 1st and then apply a ton of brake pressure or follow the instructions on the cluster. When I tried it that I would never get the brake pressure gauge to show up in the EVIC.

The “roundabout way” I would put the car in park, hit activate line lock, I would then be prompted via EVIC to put the car in drive and Walla up comes my brake pressure gauge.

·
Registered
2020 SRT SUPER STOCK HELLRAISIN
3,505 Posts
Well It looks like I figured out the proper way and I am able to achieve it 100% of the time and getting the brake pressure display. The proper way I simply applied a ton of brake pressure and then I hit the “activate line lock” button versus what 99.9% of the explanations online stating to “Hit the line lock button 1st and then apply a ton of brake pressure or follow the instructions on the cluster. When I tried it that I would never get the brake pressure gauge to show up in the EVIC.

The “roundabout way” I would put the car in park, hit activate line lock, I would then be prompted via EVIC to put the car in drive and Walla up comes my brake pressure gauge.
It sounds like you are confusing "activate line lock" with "depress the OK Button".

LINE LOCK:

Get to the proper screen and be ready. Pull into the water and stop as directed by the track official. There is no time limit to be locked so you need to get setup as soon as you can and wait. So enable or activate line lock on screen. LEFT FOOT on dead pedal on left side of floor board. Right foot smash brake pedal panic stop force. See pressure on DIC and when it is enough push the OK button and release brake pedal AND WAIT. You do not need to press hard on OK button, because if you do and touch any of the up and down buttons the system may cancel. Now RIGHT FOOT above gas pedal but not touching pedal. If you press the gas pedal and release system may cancel. That INCLUDES if you start the burnout and for any reason stop, System WILL cancel. If you touch the brake pedal, System will cancel. So you hold foot above gas pedal and when given the signal to start your burnout you must commit and do your burnout and do not touch the brake pedal and do not touch up or down buttons. Any time system cancels you MUST take responsibility for control of the car. That means foot off gas and foot on brake pedal and stop the car and thumb off the OK button. Then count to 5 or more and system will reset and you can start all over. If you get frustrated or confused it will seem like an eternity. Just do it right and you will not have any issues.

Any time the system cancels the car will limp and you will have no power when hitting the gas pedal. You should immediately take responsibility and get in that mode of resetting the system. Then you can proceed with another attempt.

Honestly it took me a lot of limps and emails back and forth with Jim Wilder to finally get it to work every time and I decided to just not use it any more. I just do it the old fashioned way and power brake it. It does not hurt the brake pads or rotors as long as you are just doing the normal drag race burnout.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts