SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Extended Warranty article and why to consider...

8864 60
Basically, all the new technology requires diagnostic equipment beyond what mortal men can afford...

Carguru Auto Warranty Your Source For Extended Car Warranties
Reactions: 630
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,533 Posts
Most extended warranties are way overpriced, and rarely cover the items that fail (too many exclusions). You'd be better off putting the same money in a savings account. If you never need to use it, it's still yours.

Reactions: Paladin06

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Most extended warranties are way overpriced, and rarely cover the items that fail (too many exclusions). You'd be better off putting the same money in a savings account. If you never need to use it, it's still yours.
My extended warranty wasn't that much and covers everything the 3 year 35,000. It is from Chrysler and is 7 year 75,000. It was under $2,000. I'm thinking if anything goes wrong it is gonna cost that much to repair. I think it depends on the warranty and who is offering it.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
My extended warranty wasn't that much and covers everything the 3 year 35,000. It is from Chrysler and is 7 year 75,000. It was under $2,000. I'm thinking if anything goes wrong it is gonna cost that much to repair. I think it depends on the warranty and who is offering it.
If it's that much I probably just go with standard warranty and pay out of pocket later versus having the cost compounded into the interest. :confused:

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
If it's that much I probably just go with standard warranty and pay out of pocket later versus having the cost compounded into the interest. :confused:
Yeah, if you can do that, you are better off. I just neve seem to have a few thousand sitting around when shizzy happens...:confused:

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Yeah, if you can do that, you are better off. I just neve seem to have a few thousand sitting around when shizzy happens...:confused:
Real talk! Well my fiancé has control over me so I have $0 haha, like she wants to keep saving and not spend.

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Real talk! Well my fiancé has control over me so I have $0 haha, like she wants to keep saving and not spend.
Yeah, My wife makes sure I don't have money to piss away
I'm a bad influence. YOLO!! You Only Live Once!;)and my kids don't need shizzy, they can save their own money. I'm gonna enjoy life while I can and spend it and while I can still enjoy it!! LOL

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
I'm a bad influence. YOLO!! You Only Live Once!;)and my kids don't need shizzy, they can save their own money. I'm gonna enjoy life while I can and spend it and while I can still enjoy it!! LOL
heoz jeah! that's why i walked into my dealership 7/2014 and deposited without my fiance knowing LOL i said oh well if i'm paying a monthly car note it may as well be a hellcat cuz YOLO foo! :D

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Tammie, what are you using to clean the back side of the wheels
A soft brush with a long handle. I also got one of those brushes to get in between the lug nuts. I do pressure wash the inside of the wheels and brakes and then use soft brush. They are tough to get in between so longer handle helps. the brake duet on front wheels is tough, but I haven't used any chemicals. Someone recommended something here, but I havent tried it yet.;)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,618 Posts
I have had two extended warranties, one on a Dodge Ram Cummins, and that one saved me the cost of the extended warranty two times over. A water pump, radiator, A/C and radio repairs...Oh yes and an outside rearview mirror. My other extended warranty is on a foreign car, that has saved us literally 10's of thousands of dollars for repairs. As the carnival man says, you pays your money and takes your choice...... Me, I will purchase the extended warranty if offered.

Reactions: 630

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
10,951 Posts
I will pick a brush, I was going to take them off and clean them, I hate dirty wheels, and it don't help that if you spray tire dressing it gets on the rim and all the dust collects to it

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
I will pick a brush, I was going to take them off and clean them, I hate dirty wheels, and it don't help that if you spray tire dressing it gets on the rim and all the dust collects to it
I will post my detail kit in the morning in the exterior care thread. I use Macguires tire shine and a sponge. No spray on wheels and dirt doesn't stick. Best product I have found. I will share details tomorrow.;)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.