SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Factory "Cutouts" Mod

22610 88
who,s going to be the first to install a switch that will allow you to keep them open for startups or whatever. Don't have my cat yet. What do you guys with your cats think. Do you think it would be a noticeable difference at startup?
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,253 Posts
I would like to hear the way my cat sounds from out side when driving by ! So maybe I will need to meet up with someone who has one so I can hear there's. Or let my wife drive it with the red key ! NOT!!!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,373 Posts
If there were a "factory" or MOPAR mod that would allow the addition of cutouts that were compatible with all of the sensors and electronics and it didn't pose any warranty issues, I'd install it in a heartbeat. Maybe it's "*******" like Train Horns mounted under the RAM pickup, but count me in! I want to rattle the teeth of whoever is next to me at the light before we ever get off the line!

Reactions: SublimeHellcat

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,536 Posts
The exhaust valves are indeed open at various times.. But in no way is it as loud as cutouts installed before the mid mufflers would be. Look at this video with Richard Rawlings and a pre production Shaker that had cutouts / 'dumps' installed. He was a bit incorrect with some information but no Hellcat owner can say their car is that loud even when the valves are open. ;)

Reactions: SRT_HC_707

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
63 Posts
Mopar has the cutouts but they only use them as pieces on show cars to amplify the exhaust roar... Like in the Rawlings video it's controlled by a key fob with an open and close button and comes with side pipes that send the exhaust out behind the doors... Tried to get a part number to have them but mopar isn't making them production for another 6 months

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,373 Posts
Mopar has the cutouts but they only use them as pieces on show cars to amplify the exhaust roar... Like in the Rawlings video it's controlled by a key fob with an open and close button and comes with side pipes that send the exhaust out behind the doors... Tried to get a part number to have them but mopar isn't making them production for another 6 months
Good to know that. I'll be adding some when they release them. Go big or go home!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,373 Posts
Damn, as if the Hellcat wasn't loud enough!:eek:
With a car like a Hellcat, you can never be loud enough, IMHO! This isn't your grandfather's Nash Rambler!!

Reactions: 7777.775

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,536 Posts
So how easy is it to install these cutouts?
It's typically a matter of welding in the cutouts where you want them then running any optional pipe wherever you want it to dump out. Alternative is 'turn downs' from the cutouts straight to the ground. Then wiring up the switch or at least providing power to the cutouts if going wireless.

I would assume a Mopar kit would have replacement pipes with the cutouts installed and then pipes to run from the cutouts to the side exit, plus any wiring..

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat, Durango Hellcat
541 Posts
I already ordered the QTP electric cutouts for my Charger Hellcat. Basically the same as the ones in that video just they are directly from QTP. Comes with a remote that allows you to open and close them in or outside of the vehicle (again same as the video). they will be going right after the cats to bypass the remainder of the system.

The day i get home, (after my two day drive when i pick it up a state over from mine, I will have them installed). My muffler shop is doing it for 200$ installed plus the price of the parts. I cant wait. Only time to really use them will be when you want to be super obnoxious and awesome :) but for racing I believe you will lose a bit of back pressure and torque but it will be awesome and i can just close them when i need the extra powa!

Ear Plugs not included. . . :cool:

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,373 Posts
I already ordered the QTP electric cutouts for my Charger Hellcat. Basically the same as the ones in that video just they are directly from QTP. Comes with a remote that allows you to open and close them in or outside of the vehicle (again same as the video). they will be going right after the cats to bypass the remainder of the system.

The day i get home, (after my two day drive when i pick it up a state over from mine, I will have them installed). My muffler shop is doing it for 200$ installed plus the price of the parts. I cant wait. Only time to really use them will be when you want to be super obnoxious and awesome :) but for racing I believe you will lose a bit of back pressure and torque but it will be awesome and i can just close them when i need the extra powa!

I hope you post videos or at least audio clips afterward. I can't wait to hear that roar!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
63 Posts

What was your price including parts from qtp and did you get the low profile package or regular?

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.