SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
In The Market
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm trying to find out what the quickest 1/4 mile time recorded is for a Stock 2019+ NB Hellcat automatic, drag radials and skinnies ok as long as everything else is as in from the factory. (bone stock, full interior ect, not stock but this or except that, Non Red Eye/SS,).

Trying to see how I'm doing and what the maximum achievable time is to see how far apart I am.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,
I'm trying to find out what the quickest 1/4 mile time recorded is for a Stock 2019+ NB Hellcat automatic, drag radials and skinnies ok as long as everything else is as in from the factory. (bone stock, full interior ect, not stock but this or except that, Non Red Eye/SS,).

Trying to see how I'm doing and what the maximum achievable time is to see how far apart I am.

Thanks
I just made the first four passes with my 2020 Challenger Hellas NB, A8, 1700 miles. Only mods are Billed Specialties WinLite drag pack with MT 305-46-17 ET Street Rs and 3.09 rear gears. Ran 10.81, 10.72. 10.63, and last pass was 10.609 @128.9 mph on a 1.556. 60 ft.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
316 Posts
Hi,

Thanks
Hello, the times will be 10.60's to 11 flat. It is all dependent on the DA (air), some have negative altitude of 1500 feet and some like me here in Phoenix it never get below plus 1500 feet. My car is an 2018 NB with what you said done to it and ran 11.009 @ 127 with a 60' of 1.62 but the DA was 2900 feet. Track prep is also important for the 60' So you should not be disappointed if your car doesn't run what some of the fastest cars run. It all is fun, so have a great time.....

·
Registered
In The Market
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replying, my best time so far is 10.96 at 127.45 with a 60ft of 1.66.
Trying to see what's possible before deciding whether or not mod.

·
Registered
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
369 Posts
My 2017 with drag radials & skinnies went 10.55 at 131.66 mph at 4,635 lb. race weight. It does have aluminum driveshaft and differential brace but that's more for not breaking anything. I also had a K&N air filter in the stock air box.

The DA for that run was around -570 and my SRT settings were Track Transmission, Sport Traction, Street Suspension.

·
Registered
In The Market
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome time 👍. I'd be more than happy if I could run 10.5s stock.

I think I'll run this spring stock save the the Forgestar dragpak Skinnies and 17" rears, and a DIRS brace to save my diff and see how it goes.
The only other thing I might add is the Diablosport Suspension controller for the 90/10, 50/50 shock settings, and that it's a plug and play box that's easily swamped with no trace.

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,693 Posts
Video of my lowly 707hp 2016 last fall. Rear seat was out to able to carry all the tires. I have to charge up my old phone to find the slip.
I am at 200ft elevation and the da that day was around neg 500' roughly. When I find the slip I will know for sure.
If the da is less than 1000' , the 60' should be sub 1.57 if the track is decent.
Edit: A few slips from that day.
Screenshot_20210222-211823_Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
In The Market
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Video of my lowly 707hp 2016 last fall. Rear seat was out to able to carry all the tires. I have to charge up my old phone to find the slip.
I am at 200ft elevation and the da that day was around neg 500' roughly. When I find the slip I will know for sure.
If the da is less than 1000' , the 60' should b
Is your Cat all stock, save tires, if so those are awesome times 👍

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
401 Posts
On these expensive Hellcats, I'd think twice about running track traction on your road car, even at the drag strip. Sometimes things go wrong, FOD on the track, brake fluid, who knows. If you leave it in sport, it'll save your ass. I've always said that if you're not running for points or a competitive money race or something, then there's no reason to add additional risk of damaging your car, even if it shaves off a little bit of time. On our cars, sport mode will let you spin the tires, but it will keep you from departing laterally should anything go wrong. Food for thought :)

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,693 Posts
Is your Cat all stock, save tires, if so those are awesome times 👍
Yes pretty much. The blower was changed under warranty at which time we installed the spacers and blanket. This was done because when the blower was removed there was evidence of the original gaskets leaking.
Only power gain from that was getting back lost boost. There is a JLT catch can. Other than that the rear seat was out do I could carry my tires. I'm 6'2" and don't like to drive with the seat almost all the way up to stay off the headrest in the rear seat. I didn't even remove the factory compressor.😅
That day it ran times like that everyone of the 7 passes. It was about 45-48F out that day. 31F when I left home.🥶
The weekend before was a little warmer and it ran in the 10.48 range.
The next weekend the temps were much lower near freezing as it warmed up. After 3 attempts where I was happy my settings for traction was in Sport.😱
I watched for awhile and noticed a Vette leaving well so I tried again. The pass was good good and it ran 10.40. when I came back the blames were clear so I got lapped it and ran 10.37.🥳🎉. The car did this exact same result 3 times that day.

Sorry for the long response but I like to give details of exactly what is done.

This is the result of probably 1300+ pases of trying different things, and cold temps for power as well as a track that does a good job of prep in extreme conditions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts