SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger Hellcat
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Black with flat black stripes or Go mango orange with Black stripes? I’m kind of torn between these two exterior colors on the Challenger Hellcat. I like the Black with the flat black stripes but that Go mango orange with Black stripes is growing on me and bright colors seem to look good on the cat and gives it personality. I know color choice on these cars are personal preference but just curious which color between those two you guys favor most? Also have you ever gotten tired of the bright Go mango orange color?

2. Does a 315 size rear tire fit on all OEM stock factory rims or do you have to change to certain rims to be able to fit that size tire? I like the Satin black HC2 replica wheels best and not sure if 315 size tires are able to fit on those stock rims?

3. What does a fully optioned Hellcat come with? I would at least look into a 2017 model.

4. Anything I should know about before looking into 2017 and up used Hellcats?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
56 Posts
With the color, thats personal preference. The go mango will break necks and never get old. The black is more low key and less of a cop magnet. I'd go all out with the orange! The stock hellcat rim is 9.5 inches wide and you should not go above 305 so replicas with a 10.5 inch wide may be the best bet. Also something to note, a 275/40/20 and a 315/35/20 are exactly the same height so your speedometer wont be off. A fully loaded hellcat consists of a sun roof, hardon karmon speakers, leather seats, and gps. the new hellcats have adaptive cruise control an a option for the performance spoiler. Lastly look for 2017 and up in my opinion. Im not sure what years had problems but the older hellcats had supercharger bearing problems, driveshaft problems, and overheating problems. Also the 2017 has the new uconnect software thats faster and has more with SRT pages. hope this helped!

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
8,334 Posts
All depends on if you want attention, The black is more sinister and basically says “dont mess with me, I couldnt care less about your opinion“. Ive had two black Challengers now and got that color because Im not really a social person lol. I feel the bright colors are for people who like them, but also because they enjoy the attention. I personally do not so black has been awesome for me.
I’ll add to Onewide’s list of loaded options. There is an optional convenience package and also a tech package that could be ordered. These are things that include automatic hi-beams, rain sensitive wipers, blind spot mirror indicators, etc. Also red seatbelts.
FAR fewer bad supercharger bearings on 2015/16 than rumors would suggest. 2015‘s had a radiator leak issue that was corrected after that. And lastly the radio software on 2017+ took a dump and is much more glitchy although it comes with Apple Carplay and is supposed to be a hair faster.

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,449 Posts
Definitely Mango unless you want to clean it every 30mins. Unless it's a WB I wouldn't put 315's on it. Standard body 305's but a wider rim is recommended. 17 and up seems like a nice choice to.work with. As far a fully optioned when I ordered my 18 wasn't many choices I.E. Sunroof, tires, seatbelts, trans., and interior. Good Luck.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,008 Posts
315 minimum width recommendation is 11.5”. However, some people have done it on the 11” oem wheel. Also, some 315 tires are smaller in width than others so you may not waste as much contact patch with a MFG like Nitto.
Black is my favorite color on cars but it’s a pain n the ass to maintain. I’ve been there many times and have decided I would never do it again.

·
Registered
Challenger Hellcat
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you guys for sharing your info! So it seems like 305s are about as wide as I can go on all different types of stock factory rims on the car? I was hoping for at least 315 for more width and grip. I’m cross shopping between a 6th gen ZL1 and the Hellcat and I know for sure the ZL1s stock tires hook but want to be able to get the Hellcats to hook the best it can.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
315 minimum width recommendation is 11.5”. However, some people have done it on the 11” oem wheel. Also, some 315 tires are smaller in width than others so you may not waste as much contact patch with a MFG like Nitto.
Black is my favorite color on cars but it’s a pain n the ass to maintain. I’ve been there many times and have decided I would never do it again.
Ah, yes, if you go with the "I'm the same width as other brands' 305's" Nitto 315's, you can go 20X11 rear wheel with 21mm off offset, and nothing is touching the inner or outer wheel wells. Basically, an 11" rear wheel with 305 any other brand or 315 Nitto(/Toyo?) tires and yer golden!

And, yes, GO MAN GO.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Just curious why is it a PITA?
My satin hood came with its own about 13 page use and care manual. You rub it the wrong way you have a permanent shiny spot, you let water spots let on it their hard to get off, bird crap I bet would etch a permanent spot on it if left on it for more then a few hours, even just letting car wash soap spray on it for a bit while you do the rest of the care you can see it’s outline, as Nd that’s in the shady care wash stall on a cool hood, hot forget about it. You can only rub it one way and never dry, I find it to just be a pain. You’d be better off with a car color painted hood and have it wrapped in satin black. After dealing with the care of one for 2 years I’d never do it again, like the looks but it’s too much work.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
57 Posts
My satin hood is no problem I use Meguires waterless wash and wax on the car
including hood with no issues had the car for over year have not washed it yet use
micro soft towels or rags whatever you call them

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,008 Posts
Ah, yes, if you go with the "I'm the same width as other brands' 305's" Nitto 315's, you can go 20X11 rear wheel with 21mm off offset, and nothing is touching the inner or outer wheel wells. Basically, an 11" rear wheel with 305 any other brand or 315 Nitto(/Toyo?) tires and yer golden!

And, yes, GO MAN GO.
lol pretty much. If you have to have the 315 number on your tire, this is the way I would go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Completely up to personal preference. I do not think that dodge makes a poor color. With that said, I opted for the the Go Mango. Solid. No stripes. Clean. Going on 3 years and still absolutely love the look. Cant go wrong whichever way you choose. Good luck

1 - 20 of 20 Posts