SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you probably noticed I've been looking to order a new HC but with the M6 in question I started looking for a nice used one. I know this is a bit crazy but I found one in my daily searches that popped up through Carvana. Risky buying sight unseen but they offer a 7 day money back guarantee and a 100 day warranty on the main parts of the car. So the good news is I can really check things over real well over those 7 days. Will be able to throw it on my lift at home and go to town. Car is a 2015 with just over 4K miles, one owner and appears to be unmodded minus the black stripes. Overpaid a bit but I'm fine with that if the car is as nice as it looks plus I'm still saving about $20K from how I speced out what I was going to order new plus my wife agreed we'd keep our Roush if we bought used as she wants to keep it. Win win there!

Best part. It's my favorite color - B5 Blue. I wasn't color specific other than not wanting a couple specific colors but B5 Blue is my favorite color barely ahead of Sublime Green and Plum Crazy. Shoot, 6 years ago I almost ordered a B5 Blue Scat Pack (couldn't afford the HC then) before buying my Viper.

I also know naming a car is a bit silly but I've done it anyway. My Grandfather was a multi-war hero as a fighter pilot through the Air Force. He was a major car lover and where I got the bug as my parents think cars are only for A-B travel. His call sign was "Corkey" (rightfully so) and this car SO would have been him if he was still alive (recently passed away). I'm naming the car in honor of him. Again, I know it's silly but it's my way to pay tribute to him. RIP Grandad!

I'm super excited and anxious and guessing I wont sleep for a couple of days as my delivery is scheduled for next Tuesday. I'll post up some better pictures once I get it but here are a couple pictures from the website. Fingers crossed I didn't make the biggest mistake of my life, but right now this 42 year old feels like a 16 year old again 馃榿

Registered
2019 Challenger Widebody Redeye
Get it. Drive it hard as hell for the first few days and make sure it doesn't have issues. Then, continue to enjoy! Congrats!

Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
Looks good with the stripes, great color! Two things:

1. So what鈥檚 the first mod?

2. 鈥楤out time! ;)

Good luck!!! :)

Registered
So I have bought 4 vehicles from carvana and 2 cars from vroom which is very similar. My three current cars I got my hellcat from vroom, my expedition from carvana and my wife鈥檚 Jeep from vroom. I love them honestly two of the cars I took back after a week no questions asked. You just turn them in and pick out another one on the website. Great customer service and I will never sit in a dealership for a car ever again unless it鈥檚 an exotic car

Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
Cool ride! Congratulations, make sure you keep us posted with your future mod plans for this car.

Registered
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Congrats! I鈥檓 a sucker for B5, myself. My dad had a B5 鈥69 Road Runner during my formative years. Lol Enjoy!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Appreciate it everyone. Super excited and a bit anxious too.

Not really planning on to many mods with the car but I do have my cart ready for a few things once I take delivery.

• Barton shifter is #1 on the list
  • JLT catch can
  • radiator and intercooler degas bottle covers
  • new tires as it's sitting on 6 year old tires now
  • will be changing oil, transmission, brake, power steering and diff fluids as I do with every used car I get. Probably leave the coolant as it's 10 year OAT but may change as well.
  • some window tint as I'm in central TX

I'm thinking of an open filter cold (more like warm) air intake. I know they aren't worth much if any power but thinking about it to get more SC sound. Open to recommendations or if that's a bad idea in the first place.

Also thinking of seeing if I can get the carbon dash parts that the 2020+ can get factory. Guessing $$$ though.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I have bought 4 vehicles from carvana and 2 cars from vroom which is very similar. My three current cars I got my hellcat from vroom, my expedition from carvana and my wife鈥檚 Jeep from vroom. I love them honestly two of the cars I took back after a week no questions asked. You just turn them in and pick out another one on the website. Great customer service and I will never sit in a dealership for a car ever again unless it鈥檚 an exotic car
Thanks for this. Feels odd buying a car like this through a place like that but figured I didn't have too much to lose. Gotta say, so far best car buying experience in a long time. I've talked with probably 6 different people there asking questions and ALL have been super helpful and gone above and beyond. Pricey but nice being treated good by a car company for once. Most act like they are doing me a favor for selling you a car.

I know several people who have used them and they all have been happy. Granted they were all buying family cars though.

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody Octane Red
Definitely get the Barton and if you want to give it a more custom look, go to Speeddawg for a custom shift ball.

Reactions: audocat

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Congrats on finding "Corkey". We know you have been looking and researching to find the perfect car and I'm sure you will love it!

Premium Member
As some of you probably noticed I've been looking to order a new HC but with the M6 in question I started looking for a nice used one. I know this is a bit crazy but I found one in my daily searches that popped up through Carvana. Risky buying sight unseen but they offer a 7 day money back guarantee and a 100 day warranty on the main parts of the car. So the good news is I can really check things over real well over those 7 days. Will be able to throw it on my lift at home and go to town. Car is a 2015 with just over 4K miles, one owner and appears to be unmodded minus the black stripes. Overpaid a bit but I'm fine with that if the car is as nice as it looks plus I'm still saving about $20K from how I speced out what I was going to order new plus my wife agreed we'd keep our Roush if we bought used as she wants to keep it. Win win there!

Best part. It's my favorite color - B5 Blue. I wasn't color specific other than not wanting a couple specific colors but B5 Blue is my favorite color barely ahead of Sublime Green and Plum Crazy. Shoot, 6 years ago I almost ordered a B5 Blue Scat Pack (couldn't afford the HC then) before buying my Viper.

I also know naming a car is a bit silly but I've done it anyway. My Grandfather was a multi-war hero as a fighter pilot through the Air Force. He was a major car lover and where I got the bug as my parents think cars are only for A-B travel. His call sign was "Corkey" (rightfully so) and this car SO would have been him if he was still alive (recently passed away). I'm naming the car in honor of him. Again, I know it's silly but it's my way to pay tribute to him. RIP Grandad!

I'm super excited and anxious and guessing I wont sleep for a couple of days as my delivery is scheduled for next Tuesday. I'll post up some better pictures once I get it but here are a couple pictures from the website. Fingers crossed I didn't make the biggest mistake of my life, but right now this 42 year old feels like a 16 year old again 馃榿

View attachment 569355
View attachment 569356
Very nice cat.
Congrats!
Pick up a Barton short shifter after things check out.
You will never look back.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts