SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Finally got an answer on allocation

33071 Views 320 Replies 58 Participants Last post by  Puddy Tat
According to the head cheese himself (TK), dealers are only getting 1 allocation a month for sold orderds for hellcat's regardless of whether it is a challenger or charger. Until the backlog from summer orders goes down that is the process they are following.

At least it is an answer (not one I like)
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,069 Posts
He was very specific: One allocation a month for sold orders regardless of car. Not a whole lot of gray on that. He said stick with them because they will revisit as they clear backlog.
I am confused on this information now though after seeing RS post it a while ago, and now you passing on this info from TK himself. Here are my question:

Scenario A: By 1 allocation per month, for a Challenger or Charger, does TK/FCA mean 1 NEWLY ENTERED sold order entered into the system for future build??
OR
Scenario B: Each dealer gets 1 allocation a month to receive ONE of the sold orders it currently has backlogged in the system that was ordered between Sept-Jan??

If Scenario A: That would mean dealers are not getting allocations for the orders entered into the system prior to February and FCA is just going to start pumping them out and sending them to the dealers (which would mean they are just going to show up in the system one day as getting built/invoiced/shipped)??? Up until now I believe they entered order, got allocation, watched that one allocation in the system until it showed up.

If Scenario B: Bad news, means there are going to be A LOT of folks with ordered cars who WON'T get one as that is only 7 cars left, approximately, for a dealer the rest of MY15. And since they don't make 2400 or so cars a month, not all dealers will be getting that one car every month.

I tried to make these questions as clear as I could, will try and explain more if needed. Regardless, I think which way it is moving forward needs to be answered.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,069 Posts
Here is his note in whole:

Mr. XXXX –

This is correct – presently, a dealer can obtain scheduling for 1 sold order per month.

This was done to try to fill the sold orders for customers that have been waiting for many months.

We have modified the allocation system multiple times since launch in an attempt to fill as many legitimate sold orders as possible.

Once we “catch-up” to the demand and satisfy some of the sold orders that have been waiting many months, we will look at making adjustments that could increase the maximum schedule number.

I know this isn’t the response you were looking for – but if you can hang-in there while we catch-up to the demand, I promise you won’t be disappointed with the product.
This was typed while I was drafting my first response. This information would imply Scenario B from my post. However, this logic doesn't make sense to me. How do they manage to fill the massive backlog of cars, many at the same dealerships, by only giving a dealership ONE car a month. That would mean if a dealer has 5-6 orders placed on Sept 9 not filled yet, FCA will not "catch-up" to this backlog until the end of the MY15

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,069 Posts
Little confused here, if you are saying I am a troll just say it. I put up what I was sent, you don't have to like it, but it is what he sent me today. If you notice I didn't say he called me but responded to an email.
Screen shot of email will put everyone in their place....if you are telling the truth, you can blur/redact your email address and name ;)

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,069 Posts
I think it's reasonable for them to focus production on the oldest orders, but by the time they conclude all the builds for the earliest VON-holders, it'll be time for the 2016's to emerge, which would still leave countless thousands of buyers from the November-September time period out of luck. Either way, some folks that ordered these cars won't get them. (No surprise, to me, but a bitter pill for those that have always insisted 'everybody that orders one will get a Hellcat!")
Judging by that email, and seeing the context now of TK's final sentence in reply to AER's email....this could be the nail in the coffin for many of us. If what TK is saying hold's true (basically Scenario B in my post), there are going to be a ton of folks who won't get a car. No way they can catch up to all real orders placed up until January by only giving a dealer 1 car a month.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,069 Posts
Don't forget about the big picture here in that all Challenger, Charger and Chrysler 300 model variants are assembled on the same assembly line. I think it would be interesting to compare the total order intake with that of the monthly production schedule for each model variant. Perhaps there's an opportunity for Dodge to scale back some of the stock orders for non HC model variants in order to fulfill existing HC sold orders?
This is what i have thought, with ALL Chargers, 300s and Challengers coming out of the same building, that plant has to be up to their ears in work. I would think that logistically they have a nightmare. RS or Brampton Builder may be able to shed some light on the nightmare for us.
Not to denigrate but everywhere i look there is a TON of SXT's. Are they really selling that many? Cut them off and give us their production #'s!

Also, I haven't really been on CT much, are the SRT and scats going through anything similar to us?
^^^ and this is why I don't believe you will be able to find Cats at dealer under MSRP for a long time. 2016 MY or even longer.
My guess is they would love to scale back other Challengers and build HCs because the margin is probably higher on the HC; however, they probably cannot get enough parts to do it. I thought I saw a pie chart somewhere that basically showed the HC Challenger was taking a sizeable chunk out of other trim models people wanted(?).

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,069 Posts
*Monkeywrench incoming*

Just got an update from my sales guy we always deal with (same one Fireball and RoyG deal with). He said that for this month they had 2 Challengers picked up. They also had a January one waiting to be built, or just currently went through build (that's my estimate as he told me a couple weeks ago the Jan allocation hadn't been built yet).

Cliffnotes: Dealer I have mine ordered with had 2 cars picked up in Feb. Note: All vehicles at my dealer of choice are Sold Orders.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,069 Posts
RS recently said 2017 got the green light. Do the math and calculate how many will be made through the 2017 MY. Dodge may not be able to keep up with demand for 2015 and there will certainly be a lot of customers who have a 2015 VON by the time 2016s are made (I'm expecting to be one of them)... BUT... If you can be patient enough, you WILL get a Hellcat. I think they completely underestimated the demand, but they intend to do everything they can to get one to everyone who wants one (like building them through 2017).
Like they have done with the Jeep SRT....expect a modest price increase for 2016 and 2017 too.

yea that is awesome, a legit SRT rep on this site

HELLCAT.ORG RULES!!!!!!!!!! lol
I am inclined to believe TK or RG has allowed (perhaps read as tasked or instructed) for this to happen since it seems many members are beginning to send emails directly to TK and others in management. They have been gracious enough to answer some of them, but lets be honest, they are not there to answer emails from the casual consumer. Ol' John Boy is gonna be working his tale off here, hope his fingers are ready!!!

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,069 Posts
How much of a price increase did the SRT Jeeps see?
LOL, they increased the price before the first production models even hit the dealer for their first owners!! And that was after most of us were shocked at the price of the new generation Jeep SRT8. Usually generational changes incur a 8-10% increase in price, so about $4-5k most were thinking, and you must know, pricing was not available when order banks opened in June 2011. 2 months later us with orders were hit with a price increase of around $10k+!! Then, a month after that they raised prices again about $1500 I think. Those of us with orders placed the first day got the original pricing and the dealer had to close out the paperwork with Chrysler within 48hrs of sale and enter some special code so that they could be reimbursed on their invoice. For 2013 they raised it a couple thousand more, for 2014 my current Jeep is identical to my 2012 in options and it was nearly $7k more at invoice/about $69,xxx MSRP. Now I see for 2015 that my optioned Jeep is around $71-72k.

That's why I am calm and cool through this Hellcat ordeal, I've been through something similar with the 2012 Jeep SRT. Pricing games, QC hold for 2.5 mths. due to wrong oil used in all of them that needed to be changed, differential fluids with moisture in them, bumpers that didn't fit, Wheel well arches (that are attached with double sided tape) falling off, carbon fiber interior trim pieces falling off in the summer once the heat got to them.....

Hence why I have a 2014 now. It's what the second gen Jeep SRT should have been in 2012 with the newer dash, tranny, entertainment center, etc! 2012 left a bad taste in many's mouth, plus I was rear ended and it wasn't on CarFax yet so I got a killer trade in offer and dumped it exactly 2 years from the day I took delivery. Love the 2014.

Reactions: Hb hellcat

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,069 Posts
Would we be exempt from the price hike since we already placed our orders?
Pretty sure 2015 orders that do not get built will NOT automatically carry over, your dealer/sales rep will need to re-enter the order into the 2016 order bank once they open. Unless FCA comes up with a way to verify you missed out on a 2015 and are willing to grant you the 2015 price, you'll be on the hook for the new 2016 pricing.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,069 Posts
Wow I read all this and realize how lucky we were to get one of the last 2010s and with (I think I remember) $6000 extra off from Jeep + and extra SRT TE voucher. Hopefully we are able to keep it for a long time because after looking at and driving the new ones I just don't see the price difference. I'm also afraid I see it coming - your 2015 Hellcat order did not get filled but you can get in line again for a 2016 at $10-20K more...... no thanks.
Our 2010 was also in the last build out in January 2010. The incentives were $4000 rebate, plus we got it for invoice. So I think before tax and reg. we paid $41,500 for everything but SRT Group II.

The price difference is definitely there, I don't think the $70k price tag is warranted, but the initial price jump is. After having both versions for nearly 3 years the only aspect the 2 models are comparable in are straight line speed. The interior quality, ride, handling, snow capability, are all far superior on the new generation. Don't get me wrong, we loved the first gen and didn't want to get rid of it but the second child coming sort of forced us to. It was a sad day as we never had a problem with the 2010 and my wife loved her ride, but even at 28K miles and 4yrs old the interior was getting extremely outdated and creaky (and ours was still in mint condition). Then again, that interior design was pushing 10 years old.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,069 Posts
Just chatted with Jeff @ SRT to get a true answer where I stand at my dealer. I have 3 BX orders ahead of me, and to reiterate again (and I think clarify when it starts), he said dealer's now get 1 Hellcat a month with the next allocation starting March 10.

Now I know we kind of knew that info, but the way he worded it sounds like the 1 allocation per month for a Challenger/Charger Hellcat doesn't go into effect until the March allocations. This could explain why some dealers are saying they got 2 in Feb. Regardless, if things stay consistent I am looking at June pickup and no car till end of July. At least it's not with a dealer that has.....100+ orders...............

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,069 Posts
Destan (Listening)
Destan: Hi, my name is Destan with SRT Customer Care, How may I help you today?
Good morning I hope that you can clarify a couple of things for me.
I am in VON limbo for my Challenger Hellcat
Many rumors going around
can you tell me if my dealership will get an allocation in March even if they still have an order that it was not delivered by March? Thank you
can I also give you my VON so you can check how many people I have in front or me?
Destan: There is no way for SRT customer care to see a dealerships allocations. that information is only shared with your dealer and the dealer's Area rep.
Destan: Also you have to contact the dealer to see what your order number is. Different factors can go into order priority. Contact the dales manager or principal ownership
Can you tell me if in March each dealership will get an allocation? Another person was chatting with Jeff and was told that starting in March each dealer will get an allocation
Destan: Each dealer has a chance to get allocation, however the is no way for SRT customer care to know what dealers are getting allocation. Dealer's won't find out until March if the qualify or not.

So what Jeff told another person a few moments ago is not true
Can you check my von?
Destan: I sit right next to Jeff and Jeff told the person the exact statement I explained to you. Your VON has not transitioned into a VIN at this time. The next allocations go out sometime in March.

So you cannot check how many people I have in front of me?
Destan: You have to contact your dealer in regards to order priority.
According to the other person, Jeff told him "Each dealer now get 1 Hellcat a month with the next allocation starting March 10"
Is that correct?
Destan: Each dealer has a chance to get allocation for the month of March. If they meet the parameters and the order is a sold customer order. It is physically impossible for every dealer to get an allocation as there are over 4,000 plus dodge dealers.
You're implying your context of the meanings too much. IMO, Destan is answering you the best he/she can.

Jeff did tell me each dealer can get 1 Hellcat. However, when you said it to Destan in that conversation you implied Jeff said EVERY dealer is getting one. That's not what Jeff meant, and Destand replied with an appropriate response. Also, all Jeff did was tell me how many BX status orders the dealer had ahead of me. He obviously looked at their dates/VON and did a quick calculation. Once you give your dealers name and code they can see orders in the system, perhaps Destan and others just aren't comfortable giving that info.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,069 Posts
As you can see Tannehill, they tell you one thing and a completely different thing to me or others. I DO NOT BELIEVE SRT AT ALL !!
With all do respect, I think you're taking this whole thing a little too seriously (you are not the only one here). No need to grill Destan, et al. at SRT or throw them under the bus here. They are doing the best they can with what they have to work with AND feel comfortable, personally, handing out. After all, this is just a stinking car....that none of us need......and will be built for 2 more years.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,069 Posts
Troll..... Troll..... Troll your boat...

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,069 Posts
So many theories but its SO simple, FCA management messed up big time!
Whoever made the call about estimating demand should be looking for a new job.
Did the dealers add to this, of course!
It's SO simple really........ really is!!
I'm not a marketing genius but holy crap its so easy to estimate.

Lets look at GM and Ford numbers.
Chevy sells 90k of all flavors of the Camaro, of that 8k yr ZL1
Ford sells about 80k of mustangs of that about 7k GT500 650hp when they made them...:)
FCA sells about 50K challengers, hmmm........how many Hellcats will we sell?. Highest HP in the market .....DUH....not 2500!!!. BTW your fired!
4500+
And yes, of course the FCA order system CAN stop taking orders when it hits a certain number, even a monkey could code that in 10min!
13/14 GT500 numbers were nearly the same each year at around 4500 units. No where near 7000

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.