SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Finally got an answer on allocation

34556 Views 320 Replies 58 Participants Last post by  Puddy Tat
According to the head cheese himself (TK), dealers are only getting 1 allocation a month for sold orderds for hellcat's regardless of whether it is a challenger or charger. Until the backlog from summer orders goes down that is the process they are following.

At least it is an answer (not one I like)
121 - 140 of 321 Posts
There is the exact car that I ordered pretty much sitting for almost 3 weeks now in NM and owner (who I know) that wants $10k over. Was told to make a reasonable offer. Told him I thought MSRP (mfg. suggested "reasonable" price"). He could get it off the lot and I could let someone have my allocation i.e. win/win/win.
Reactions: 1
I have my purchase order in hand and it is exactly 20,000 above,so you are probably wright they will get another,it seems to be how the system is working.
Like they have done with the Jeep SRT....expect a modest price increase for 2016 and 2017 too.
How much of a price increase did the SRT Jeeps see?
He told me that I was going to get a call, I never received the call. My line of work for the last 25 years makes me think one way only when it comes to people that I do not know and promise something that they cannot produce. But that is just me. Law enforcement does that to you. :)
It is not just Law Enforcement that you become numb to trusting others........Runs wild in the Engineering and Construction fields also........Cant tell you how many times I hear you will have it by Friday.......And my response these days is "OF WHAT MONTH".............:)

I just realized that ordering a Hellcat and my job have something in common......No one knows when it will ever get done........;)
How much of a price increase did the SRT Jeeps see?
LOL, they increased the price before the first production models even hit the dealer for their first owners!! And that was after most of us were shocked at the price of the new generation Jeep SRT8. Usually generational changes incur a 8-10% increase in price, so about $4-5k most were thinking, and you must know, pricing was not available when order banks opened in June 2011. 2 months later us with orders were hit with a price increase of around $10k+!! Then, a month after that they raised prices again about $1500 I think. Those of us with orders placed the first day got the original pricing and the dealer had to close out the paperwork with Chrysler within 48hrs of sale and enter some special code so that they could be reimbursed on their invoice. For 2013 they raised it a couple thousand more, for 2014 my current Jeep is identical to my 2012 in options and it was nearly $7k more at invoice/about $69,xxx MSRP. Now I see for 2015 that my optioned Jeep is around $71-72k.

That's why I am calm and cool through this Hellcat ordeal, I've been through something similar with the 2012 Jeep SRT. Pricing games, QC hold for 2.5 mths. due to wrong oil used in all of them that needed to be changed, differential fluids with moisture in them, bumpers that didn't fit, Wheel well arches (that are attached with double sided tape) falling off, carbon fiber interior trim pieces falling off in the summer once the heat got to them.....

Hence why I have a 2014 now. It's what the second gen Jeep SRT should have been in 2012 with the newer dash, tranny, entertainment center, etc! 2012 left a bad taste in many's mouth, plus I was rear ended and it wasn't on CarFax yet so I got a killer trade in offer and dumped it exactly 2 years from the day I took delivery. Love the 2014.
See less See more
LOL, they increased the price before the first production models even hit the dealer for their first owners!! And that was after most of us were shocked at the price of the new generation Jeep SRT8. Usually generational changes incur a 8-10% increase in price, so about $4-5k most were thinking, and you must know, pricing was not available when order banks opened in June 2011. 2 months later us with orders were hit with a price increase of around $10k+!! Then, a month after that they raised prices again about $1500 I think. Those of us with orders placed the first day got the original pricing and the dealer had to close out the paperwork with Chrysler within 48hrs of sale and enter some special code so that they could be reimbursed on their invoice. For 2013 they raised it a couple thousand more, for 2014 my current Jeep is identical to my 2012 in options and it was nearly $7k more at invoice/about $69,xxx MSRP. Now I see for 2015 that my optioned Jeep is around $71-72k.

That's why I am calm and cool through this Hellcat ordeal, I've been through something similar with the 2012 Jeep SRT. Pricing games, QC hold for 2.5 mths. due to wrong oil used in all of them that needed to be changed, differential fluids with moisture in them, bumpers that didn't fit, Wheel well arches (that are attached with double sided tape) falling off, carbon fiber interior trim pieces falling off in the summer once the heat got to them.....

Hence why I have a 2014 now. It's what the second gen Jeep SRT should have been in 2012 with the newer dash, tranny, entertainment center, etc! 2012 left a bad taste in many's mouth, plus I was rear ended and it wasn't on CarFax yet so I got a killer trade in offer and dumped it exactly 2 years from the day I took delivery. Love the 2014.
Would we be exempt from the price hike since we already placed our orders?
Would we be exempt from the price hike since we already placed our orders?
Pretty sure 2015 orders that do not get built will NOT automatically carry over, your dealer/sales rep will need to re-enter the order into the 2016 order bank once they open. Unless FCA comes up with a way to verify you missed out on a 2015 and are willing to grant you the 2015 price, you'll be on the hook for the new 2016 pricing.
Next Phase, it happens. I had the exact same thought today. But it is a car. That is it. So we need to take it easy.

We should re-direct our frustration and anger to the real culprit, Mr. #AllocationGuru. And flood his email account with questions about this BS process.
F6F,

I have done all I can to find out what status code "BS" means - no luck so far! My HC is BX and been so for a few weeks after being BA since 19 Sep. All these codes are confusing!
I am screwing with you, dude! See - all this frustration leads to us attacking each other!
Code BS is appended to BX after 5 months.
So it's BX:BS :D
Code BS is appended to BX after 5 months.
So it's BX:BS :D
Been there!!! LOL Went through a lot of JS which is Just Sitting, although they claim it means something else but that is pretty much what it was doing...:confused:
Just some food for thought.......And think about how things have worked so far.........

FH773608 order 10/08/2014 not built (My Hellcat)
FH773611 order 12/09/2014 on the Rails to Mira Loma California............

Placing priority on older Orders first........This comes from out VON,s and VIN's thread backed up by RS..........
Been there!!! LOL Went through a lot of JS which is Just Sitting, although they claim it means something else but that is pretty much what it was doing...:confused:
The only true relief comes when your build reaches KZ (Kill Zone) and is released to decimate its competitors.
Just some food for thought.......And think about how things have worked so far.........

FH773608 order 10/08/2014 not built (My Hellcat)
FH773611 order 12/09/2014 on the Rails to Mira Loma California............

Placing priority on older Orders first........This comes from out VON,s and VIN's thread backed up by RS..........
The only thing that makes sense is them trying to keep their customers, the dealers, from complaining.

Because if you can say "Sell more Darts for me and you get this one" and then overlook the fact that you have stacks of sold orders, for one of your most expensive products, going nowhere ..then the system is broken.

Normal thinking : Geez, we can sell these Hellcats in volume with these pending sold orders. On and off the lot and paid for in days. DODGE: 'You have too many sold orders pending, so you're not getting any. Stop trying to move expensive product and sell some cheaper stuff!'

Allocation thinking: But they sold a few cheaper products, so let the expensive orders sit unfilled and send this place one Hellcat to rope off and markup. DODGE: 'You guys are awesome with the Dart sales! You kick ass.'

As a business guy, I'd be sending dealers full trucks of Hellcats if they could move them quickly. Not worrying about Darts that have absolutely nothing to do with us ordering a Hellcat as SOLD.
See less See more
F6F,

I have done all I can to find out what status code "BS" means - no luck so far! My HC is BX and been so for a few weeks after being BA since 19 Sep. All these codes are confusing!
That is a very special code that only a few can have. Sorry that you do not belong to the select club :D:D
Decided to not wait for my car (Charger) and just bought one that is in g status at MSRP.
Reactions: 2
I find that hard to believe........My Dealer got 1 Challenger and 1 Charger in January.........Both Sold Order........And has gotten no more, and was told that they would get no more until the 2 they had are off the books........And that holds true from the September Allocation, they got no more until the 2 they had were off the books....And there other stores have had the same done to them.........And I will Repeat all of the orders are "SOLD ORDER"
Well, I think it is because our dealer is magical: I went from order to delivery in around 35 days (MSRP).

Wow I read all this and realize how lucky we were to get one of the last 2010s and with (I think I remember) $6000 extra off from Jeep + and extra SRT TE voucher. Hopefully we are able to keep it for a long time because after looking at and driving the new ones I just don't see the price difference. I'm also afraid I see it coming - your 2015 Hellcat order did not get filled but you can get in line again for a 2016 at $10-20K more...... no thanks.
That is a very special code that only a few can have. Sorry that you do not belong to the select club :D:D
Oh, I'm in a special club - approx #80 on a list with $5K check cashed with no chance in hell of that dealer getting 80 allocations this year! Yeah, I'm special - in the same way my Mommie told me I was SPECIAL!
There is a Torred auto with laguna sepia interior in Anniston Al.for 85,870 that has been there since the 29 of Jan,now does this thief get another allocation ?,after all the car has been there for 4 weeks?.
You should inquire to see if they can place an order and when to expect the car.

None the less, based on the allocation, no this dealer should not receive another allocation until that car sells.
121 - 140 of 321 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.