SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger Shaker Scat Pack WB
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I've been on the boards for a while now, and even made a post here introducing myself before, but I finally received my 2021 Scat Pack WB last week. And then Texas promptly froze over so it took me a week for the sun to come out and the roads to be in a condition where I wanted to drive her. I was looking for a grand touring car that was comfortable for a big fat old guy like myself, and these Challengers are perfect for that. I really planned to get a HCWB, but the more I looked at the pricing and the horsepower numbers, the better the Scat Pack looked. And then when they allowed the Shaker hood again for 2021, I was sold.

·
Registered
2021 Super Stock / 2021 WB Scat pack shaker
183 Posts
Great looking ride! I have a Octane WB Scat pack shaker on order that was built last week. I also have a sinamon stick super stock on order that has not been built yet. I have always though the shaker hood is the best looking option and I also had the same thought once they offered it with the widebody. Enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
474 Posts
Congratulations, really like the shaker. Add in the widebody what an awesome car. Great choice

·
Super Moderator
Jeep GC Trackhawk
2,455 Posts
Congrats on your new WB SP!

At 6'-5" and 300 lbs., the interior room of the Challenger was one of the main reasons I loved my Challenger HC so much.

Any plans for mods?

Reactions: GOMER

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

At 6'-5" and 300 lbs., the interior room of the Challenger was one of the main reasons I loved my Challenger HC so much.

Any plans for mods?
Mainly appearance stuff. I need to get window tinting, PPF, and Ceramic coating done. I really want to get the traditional '70s style black RT stripes, but I can't figure out a way to make it work with the front WB flares. I also plan to get some Michelin PS A/S 4s installed once these P-Zero A/S tires wear through.

From a performance standpoint, since I'm not taking the car to the track, I'm likely gonna hold back. I'm waffling back and forth about an oil catch can, but otherwise I'm fine with the stock power for the purpose I have for the car.

These stripes would look so good on the car if it was a narrow body, like above, but on the WB, I can't tell if they would look bad going over the front flare.

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
469 Posts
It is beautiful w/o stripes! I wish you the best of luck!

I almost went with the SP, shakers are very cool, a friend had one on his yellow ’71 (I think it was a 71). But I’m old, might be my last chance for a supercar so I splurged. Sometime I think the SP would be better in some cases. I am reluctant to take the HC on long road trips (no way I'm driving it 20hr to FL!), a NA engine seems much more appropriate.

Also, yes plenty of room for the XXL crowd. I’m somewhere between M and L, and most of the seats in the used Challengers I looked at were a bit loose on me being stretched out by the previous owner. I was happy to find the seat in the new car fit just right.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice car, congrats!

Just curious, manual or auto?
It's an A8. I drove a manual back in high school, but the auto transmissions these days are so good, and not having to shift is so convenient, that I go with the laziness over the purist perspective. :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
It's an A8. I drove a manual back in high school, but the auto transmissions these days are so good, and not having to shift is so convenient, that I go with the laziness over the purist perspective. :)
+1 on the laziness

·
Registered
2,841 Posts

Any plans for mods?

Also, those big doors are nice for ingress/egress.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Beautiful car. Always been a fan of the shaker hood and it looks even better with a widebody. I've had a 392 before and loved that engine. Enjoy it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts