SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good morning forum. Been on here for 3-4 years but after getting bent by a dealer after a deal was made for a Hellcat. I finally got it. 19 black on black 6sp. Didn’t need any of the other stuff. Quick question. Can I upgrade to Navi? Second..... do you think it’s worth it to upgrade. I do small amount of highway driving and loved traffic on my Audi RS3. How is the traffic app on uconnect navi. So far love the car!!!!! More than I even thought I could. Happy to finally hve joined the crew!!!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,385 Posts
If it does not have NAV, you cannot upgrade. BUT, I did not order it either. Use your phone, either Apple CarPlay or whatever Android calls it works also. Those apps are much better and we have more choices.

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,696 Posts
good morning forum. Been on here for 3-4 years but after getting bent by a dealer after a deal was made for a Hellcat. I finally got it. 19 black on black 6sp. Didn’t need any of the other stuff. Quick question. Can I upgrade to Navi? Second..... do you think it’s worth it to upgrade. I do small amount of highway driving and loved traffic on my Audi RS3. How is the traffic app on uconnect navi. So far love the car!!!!! More than I even thought I could. Happy to finally hve joined the crew!!!
Congrats on your.l new hellcat!!

Don’t mess with adding nav. Get a nice phone mount and use your gps.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
165 Posts
WAZE works really through car play. You don't need the phone mount and the phone charges thru the USB in the center console.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
35 Posts
I also went without Nav. Don't miss it a bit. I have never used the nav feature in my vehicles. With Apple Car Play and Android Auto, you don't need it.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
909 Posts
Yep, what they all said. No factory nav here either. Plug your phone in via USB in the console and leave the phone in there (no need for a mount). Android Auto/Apple Carplay lets you use Waze/Apple maps/Google maps from your phone right on the 8.4 screen. Works very well, is always updated, and is FREE. You can also use any streaming music services you have in the same way. I use Spotify all the time.

Congrats on the new HC!

Android Auto

iOS - CarPlay

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,994 Posts
Congratulations.
Got any pictures of your car?
Enjoy with cautious enthusiasm.

Reactions: 91681

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
688 Posts
Congrats on your new HC, and yes pics please!
Alot of people here prefer the A8, but I love my M6. Regarding nav, I have never touched mine, just use my phone. Have fun, be safe!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
896 Posts
No idea how to get Wayze off my phone and into the car, but wayze will normally show you where the guys that don't share your enthusiasm for letting 700+ ponies do their thing are hiding out ahead.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
909 Posts
I have a 2017 HC Challenger.
-Download the Android Auto app on your phone (assuming you have Android... with Apple, idk if Waze is an option)
-plug your phone into USB
-Tap the AA icon that show up on Uconnect to start the AA app
-tap the nav icon on the AA screen on Uconnect
-the nav screen should give you a choice to use Google Maps or Waze at that point. If it automatically starts Google Maps instead, tap that nav icon again and it should bring up a screen with both options (google maps or waze).
-enjoy!

A couple videos that may be helpful if my explanation is poor (very likely)-

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
896 Posts
Well outstanding!! Thanks so much for the tutorial on how to do that! I am electronically challenged, so this will be a huge help!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts