SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a shop i can possibly finance a 426 stroker motor? Please list some shops if possible thankyou in advanced.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,219 Posts
bank of ameica
chase visa
american express.

wouldn't it be easier and probably cheaper (lower interest rate) to just put it on a credit card? either way is a terrible idea but if you must i'd think credit card is the way to go.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,997 Posts
Does anyone know a shop i can possibly finance a 426 stroker motor? Please list some shops if possible thankyou in advanced.
Good grief. Financing an engine build and not just a factory engine rebuild but a "stroker" engine rebuild? Might as well buy crack on credit.

Seriously if you can't afford to pay cash you should not finance the stroker build. Even if you can pay cash you realize that one dip o the gas pedal can have that motor in pieces and all that cash is now a pile of scrap? (Which is probably one reason why a shop doesn't offer financing. Hard to collect the next X number of years of payments if the engine blows up.)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
1,817 Posts
I have a year on my stroker and it runs flawlessly with great dependability. My engine builder also provides a 2 year, 24K mile, warranty on anything he touches. Have to say for what it costs, it’s not a hell of a lot faster than the original 392 though. I really wanted a 426 (in reality it ended up closer to a 440) otherwise it would have been smarter to just forge and boost the OE motor.

·
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,195 Posts
My husband John @Top Cat (Rip) and I have been long time customers of [email protected]
For my race built 2010 Challenger He thought the Best Built Hemi came from HHP!
Prior to becoming an HHP customer John had tried other known Hemi engine builders for our race cars and found out the hard way they were inferior.

I would give HHP Sales a call.
They can advise you on the parts and how the financing works.
  • 1-888-894-1115

Linda :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi,

You know depending upon how much you owe on your car and how much its worth, you might be able to refinance the car, did it a few years ago to payoff a second house. Being a secured loan gets you a lower interest rate.

Good luck,
Jim

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My husband John @Top Cat (Rip) and I have been long time customers of [email protected]
For my race built 2010 Challenger He thought the Best Built Hemi came from HHP!
Prior to becoming an HHP customer John had tried other known Hemi engine builders for our race cars and found out the hard way they were inferior.

I would give HHP Sales a call.
They can advise you on the parts and how the financing works.
  • 1-888-894-1115

Linda :)
thankyou so much for your help much appreciated! Sorry to hear about Top cat =(((((.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,038 Posts
Financing and car parts/go fast parts typically not the best idea. However, Ive been down that road so I'm not judging.

Pen Fed (or local credit union) probably has a decent rate on a personal loan. No questions asked about collateral etc. If your finances are in order, you can get a personal loan at a rate probably half of what a credit card it.

Affirm (and i believe another) is going crazy provided financing all over the automotive world. Many shops are picking this up as a way to help move product. I know they are on Blue Print engines. Go there and look up their calculator (i am not aware of any Hemi builders using this but I havent looked either).

Refi the car? Look up year/make/model and get a KBB/NADA value on it. If its worth 45k in the book and you owe 15 on it, refi and take some cash out on a used car loan.

Second mortgage? Cheapest rates but then you have all the BS of getting a second mortgage.

You just need to get creative BUT you also need a good financial foundation. If you are up to your eyeballs in debt, just hold off. Once again, only you know your situation I am just listing ideas.

·
Registered
11 Posts
one thing about summit is it may not show in their website or catologue. you need to call them and see if the back office can add the part number so the salespeople can order it. had to do that to get a 9" narrowed currie rearend for my 59 chevy. took them a few days to get it done

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
42 Posts
HELOC

1 - 13 of 13 Posts