SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Fire damage 2015 sublime scat pack on eBay

3544 16
Burnt green scat pack , anyone know the deal on what caused the fire

Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Coupe 2 Door eBay
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,373 Posts
Remember "Breaking Bad"? Maybe it was being used as a "Meth Mobile" and the cook went bad? After all, Walter did have a thing for Hemi Orange SRT Challengers. Maybe "Sublime Green is the new Black"?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,695 Posts
I recognize that burn pattern. Somebody was using a water pipe in the back seat next to a NOS bottle with a leaking valve, seen it time and time again; Folks forget that stuff can ignite when it's venting next to the bic lighter they keep flicking..."Scat" pack indeed, bet the occupants jumped out of that car before they could cough out their hit!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,373 Posts
I recognize that burn pattern. Somebody was using a water pipe in the back seat next to a NOS bottle with a leaking valve, seen it time and time again; Folks forget that stuff can ignite when it's venting next to the bic lighter they keep flicking..."Scat" pack indeed, bet the occupants jumped out of that car before they could cough out their hit!
Maybe not. Watch this:

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,695 Posts
Darn it, I was afraid somebody would come along, and lay waste to my juvenile theory.
Yah got me. I was just prankin', I actually had no idea what caused the fire, but, as many know on this site, that didn't stop me from throwing out a semi-plausible hypothesis!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,373 Posts
Darn it, I was afraid somebody would come along, and lay waste to my juvenile theory.
Yah got me. I was just prankin', I actually had no idea what caused the fire, but, as many know on this site, that didn't stop me from throwing out a semi-plausible hypothesis!
Actually, your theory sounded great! In reality, the Oxygen in Nitrous Oxide can be liberated at very high temps and pressures and contribute to combustion, but it's at greater than "blow torch" temperatures and standard atmospheric pressure. Just wanted to set the record straight so as not to prevent anyone from adding NOS to their Hellcat for fear of fire. It's just a matter of time before we see NOS equipped Hellcats if someone hasn't done it already.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,039 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,695 Posts
o_O

Somebody was late paying their Mexican Cartel dealer and had to get served a reminder. Or maybe someone didn't pay their monthly Mafia rent on time. o_O
Glad somebody figured it out!
Needless to say, they got the message, loud and clear.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,944 Posts
I'll bet that the roof panel and door skins are warped like a mutha. :eek:

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,695 Posts
Perhaps he'd outrun all his local competitors, we all know some of those vette owners are temperamental, guess one of them held a grudge?!

·
Yep, its got a HEMI
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,768 Posts
Not worth the starting bid. Unless you have access to wholesale parts pricing.
There will be so many hidden costs in that. From Melted wires to all the glass and interior panels, switches,gauges,trim,knobs,seats. PLUS any mechanicals that got warped or damage from the heat. I would not consider it for a rebuild. Now if you want to build a new race car that might be a starting point, you could sell the wheels, tires and engine and trans use the shell as a starting point for your race car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.