SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,373 Posts
Remember "Breaking Bad"? Maybe it was being used as a "Meth Mobile" and the cook went bad? After all, Walter did have a thing for Hemi Orange SRT Challengers. Maybe "Sublime Green is the new Black"?

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,373 Posts
I recognize that burn pattern. Somebody was using a water pipe in the back seat next to a NOS bottle with a leaking valve, seen it time and time again; Folks forget that stuff can ignite when it's venting next to the bic lighter they keep flicking..."Scat" pack indeed, bet the occupants jumped out of that car before they could cough out their hit!
Maybe not. Watch this:

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,373 Posts
Darn it, I was afraid somebody would come along, and lay waste to my juvenile theory.
Yah got me. I was just prankin', I actually had no idea what caused the fire, but, as many know on this site, that didn't stop me from throwing out a semi-plausible hypothesis!
Actually, your theory sounded great! In reality, the Oxygen in Nitrous Oxide can be liberated at very high temps and pressures and contribute to combustion, but it's at greater than "blow torch" temperatures and standard atmospheric pressure. Just wanted to set the record straight so as not to prevent anyone from adding NOS to their Hellcat for fear of fire. It's just a matter of time before we see NOS equipped Hellcats if someone hasn't done it already.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.