SRT Hellcat Forum banner

First blown Hellcat motor??

10717 22
Technology Screenshot Electronic device Font Photography
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
953 Posts
Details?

It was bound to happen sooner or later....

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,533 Posts
That's fresh engine oil on the outside of the front fender in that pic. Can't imagine how it got there.... Doesn't make much sense.

Posted by "LS Power". Engine bay pic doesn't show any oil sprayed in there....
Looks like a hoax to me.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
34 Posts
The oil starts at the fender crease and is a follows a nice pattern down, if a line ruptured while driving there should be evidence sprayed all over, not following a nice orderly drip pattern.

I am calling BS on this!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok I did some digging. Someone in the comments says it was a leaking oil cooler line. And the driver said it read zero oil pressure when he shut it off. So a simple leak may have ruined the motor. Have to wait for more info. This will probably get spread everywhere with false information no matter what really happened. Here's the facebook page.

Mobile Uploads - Triple-X Motorsports Outdoors - RekjavicXXX Facebook

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,533 Posts
Should still have engine oil sprayed all over the passenger side of the engine bay. If it had the pressure to blow through the body panel seams, it should be EVERYWHERE under the hood - and it's not.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,533 Posts
Could be a hole in the oil heat exchanger that sits in the right lower corner of the fascia. Then you wouldn't get oil spray up on the engine
That would make sense. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
34 Posts
Could be a hole in the oil heat exchanger that sits in the right lower corner of the fascia. Then you wouldn't get oil spray up on the engine
Isn't the whole system pressurized throughout? I mean, for oil to get through that tight seam would require it to be pushed in a pressurized manner...unless that seam has quite a gap.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
760 Posts
The guy that posted it on FB said the oil cooler line came off. He said once it was reattached and refilled with oil, the motor is fine and the car is home in the guys garage. If I was the owner, I would definitely be taking it back to the dealer and at LEAST have record of what happened in case the motor goes prematurely.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
953 Posts
Bunch of butt hurt Ford fanboys on that FB page....lol.

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,523 Posts
looks like it was splashed onto the fender from the outside... i call BS too, just someone looking for 5 min of fame or a freebee

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.