SRT Hellcat Forum banner

First mod - tinted markers

3373 18
So I installed my tint films from Big Worm Graphix after work. First mod to the car. :) Excuse the dirt as I didn't bother cleaning since it will be raining tomorrow.

On a different note I went to see how the Charger side markers come off for when I tint them as it's easier off the car and can't figure it out. Peeled back one of the rear wheel wells and doesn't appear to have clips to pop it out like on the Challenger. DrBuick or Brampton Builder can you look up procedures on removal and post?

Here's a couple quick pics.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Alloy wheel
Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior Muscle car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Alloy wheel
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah I know my exhaust tips are missing, lol... I took them off to see if it could help me get behind the rear bumper reflectors -- it doesn't. Just put the film on while they were on the car. The others I took off. They're back on now.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,829 Posts
So I installed my tint films from Big Worm Graphix after work. First mod to the car. :) Excuse the dirt as I didn't bother cleaning since it will be raining tomorrow.

On a different note I went to see how the Charger side markers come off for when I tint them as it's easier off the car and can't figure it out. Peeled back one of the rear wheel wells and doesn't appear to have clips to pop it out like on the Challenger. DrBuick or Brampton Builder can you look up procedures on removal and post?

Here's a couple quick pics.

View attachment 6144 View attachment 6145 View attachment 6146 View attachment 6147

did they fit good? I had the same ones on my 12 and they did covet perfectly

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: JeKo

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
10,951 Posts
No, not at all, the grand Cherokee srt has a euro bumper, and where the reflector is, it's actually a light,, even some of the 300 have rear fog lamp,, you should check it out,, looks nice

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stretch? How would you do that?
I had one side of the film on and just slightly pulled it further over on the other side and smoothed it out.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, not at all, the grand Cherokee srt has a euro bumper, and where the reflector is, it's actually a light,, even some of the 300 have rear fog lamp,, you should check it out,, looks nice
Yes I know that, I thought you were talking about 'euro tail lights' which are a disgrace, lol. Those are the Altezza wanna-be tail lights.

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,650 Posts
Yea, I did mine when I got my hood wrapped. Looks really cool.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Where do you buy this tint.. or where do you go to have it done ?? It looks totally cool I got to have ;)
I got them here:

2015 Dodge Challenger Smoked Lights Lens Protection

I went with the darkest, Charcoal. Plenty dark and both front and rear lights still light up and are visible at night.. reduced output, obviously, but not 100% blacked out. Alternatively you could buy the Lamin X film they use, but this is convenient as it is already cut to size. I bought the kit that has the taillights, reflectors and side markers for $49.95. I have not put the taillight tint (center section) on yet, don't think I will..

Reactions: Paladin06
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.