SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to admit that I broke my own rule about purchasing a first year new model car. My cat is being built Monday (I hope ).
Does anyone regret doing the same with the Hellcat line up?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,160 Posts
None whatsoever, imho it is better to die trying.. than to live wondering.

Reactions: Zebug

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
I had the same concerns but I have no regrets. Once you hit the start button the first time any concerns you may have will be forgotten!

Reactions: april77

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,661 Posts
Grtz on the Cat being built soon!

I have no regrets about buying the HellCat because I was really happy with my previous two Challengers, no problems with either one of them. Dante is not my only vehicle, so if something goes wrong I still have wheels while I wait for Dante to be repaired under warranty (I bought the extended warranty because this is the first production year with this engine.) So far, so good.

April

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Grtz on the Cat being built soon!

I have no regrets about buying the HellCat because I was really happy with my previous two Challengers, no problems with either one of them. Dante is not my only vehicle, so if something goes wrong I still have wheels while I wait for Dante to be repaired under warranty (I bought the extended warranty because this is the first production year with this engine.) So far, so good.

April
Thanks. Keeping fingers crossed. What does your extended warrenty entail

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
10,951 Posts
Dodge has been testing these cars for two years,, so we're getting a third model year, lol... kinda,, but I agree with others,,I was ready to give up on the hellcat when it Sat in storage for two months,, but that Friday morning at 915 am when the dealer called( I was stalking them) and said my car was in the service bay,,I forgot about everything, then he gave me the red key and told me to start it,,,,,,,,,,,,, words cannot Describe The feeling,I still smile thinking about it

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
Dodge has been testing these cars for two years,, so we're getting a third model year, lol... kinda,, but I agree with others,,I was ready to give up on the hellcat when it Sat in storage for two months,, but that Friday morning at 915 am when the dealer called( I was stalking them) and said my car was in the service bay,,I forgot about everything, then he gave me the red key and told me to start it,,,,,,,,,,,,, words cannot Describe The feeling,I still smile thinking about it
They have been testing them, certified it to 10.8 with drag radials. Did hundreds of runs down the strip. I get all that but seems to me they would have shaken out the upper radiator hose popping off and the need for a stronger driveshaft BEFORE they started shipping. Makes ya go hmmm.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
376 Posts
I have to admit that I broke my own rule about purchasing a first year new model car. My cat is being built Monday (I hope ).
Heck No ! This is more fun then a barrel of monkey's
They have been testing them, certified it to 10.8 with drag radials. Did hundreds of runs down the strip. I get all that but seems to me they would have shaken out the upper radiator hose popping off and the need for a stronger driveshaft BEFORE they started shipping. Makes ya go hmmm.
I bought the Ford Raptor 2 years ago and broke that within 2 weeks , so it taking me 2 months to break the Hellcat was not to bad! By the way , if any new car company's are interested in someone to test their hi performance vehicles , I think I know someone!! ;)- P.S. The Hellcat is more fun than a barrel of monkey's , not even a thought of regret!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
Heck No ! This is more fun the a barrel of monkey's

I bought the Ford Raptor 2 years ago and broke that within 2 weeks , so it taking me 2 months to break the Hellcat was not to bad! By the way , if any new car company's are interested in someone to test their hi performance vehicles , I think I know someone!! ;)- P.S. The Hellcat is more fun than a barrel of monkey's , not even a thought of regret!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ha, no shit. Dodge can feel free to give me a pre-release car and a manufacturer plate. I'll test the snot out of it for free and report back. No issue signing a waiver either LOL.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,373 Posts
I've had many "first year" builds (various lines) from Chrysler through the years and have never had any regrets. My 2008 SRT Challenger is a "first year" car and I have had absolutely no issues with the car. If you should have any issues, they are well covered by the warranty. I thinks there were some minor issues with the first 100 cars off the line, but it seems that everything, for the most part, has been resolved. Get the car and enjoy it!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,536 Posts
No regrets here. placed deposits and orders without ever seeing one in person. They tested these things extensively. Issues will always come up, unavoidable, but I have no regrets getting 2 first-run Hellcats. :D

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
412 Posts
Thinking about the1953 Corvette; smaller, less power and reliability than subsequent years. Try to find one for under $150k. But it's a different era now; computer modeling and modern engineering take care of so many variables that the first model year - in my opinion - is no longer "experimental" as it was in days of yore. I am so loving my car I would not have wanted to wait another year ( at my age, that is a good percentage of "time left on the clock").

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.