SRT Hellcat Forum banner

First Oil Change today at 3141 miles

999 28
Today is 2 weeks short of my first 6 months of Hellcat ownership, so I booked my Hellcat in for its first 6,000 mile / 6 month service.

I bought the car new (12 miles on it) from Unity Automotive in Leicester unity automotive leicester uk - Google Search and the car is covered by a 3 year warranty via the "semi-official" UK / European importer, and Unity will service the car to maintain the warranty.

It's not cheap owning a Dodge in the UK for sure! £385 for an Oil & Filter service - over $450 USD at today's exchange rate. Over half of that cost is the price of the oil, which has to be the Penzoil Ultra and can't be anything else. It isnt sold in the UK officially, so has to be imported. I bought a small 1 Litre bottle a few months ago for top upsand that cost me around $50, so I think they have been very reasonable.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

Back again in either 6 months or 6,000 miles again!
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It would be good to know - where do you have your 6 month/6,000 mile oil changes? At a dealer or elsewhere? Don't you have to have dealer services to keep the warranty, or is an oil change anywhere with the correct oil and a receipt good enough?

How much does a U.S. dealer oil change cost?

·
Registered
2022 Challenger Jail Break
1,989 Posts
I just bought 7 quarts of penzoil and the mopar filter. Paid aroind $80 for all. In tje US as long as you can show receipts you can do it yourself and keep warranty.

can’t you use amsoil or another oil that meets the spec? Anything cheaper there?

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,124 Posts
That's a kick in the wallet for sure. It's got to be worth every, dang, almost said penny... Every pence (?) I believe.

Seeing the jaws drop, thumbs ups and people wanting to connect with a total stranger about a HC around here. I can't help but to imagine that you are the cats meowww and the beez kneez around there. :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
8,895 Posts
It would be good to know - where do you have your 6 month/6,000 mile oil changes? At a dealer or elsewhere? Don't you have to have dealer services to keep the warranty, or is an oil change anywhere with the correct oil and a receipt good enough?

It's all explained in your Owner's Manual that you are allowed to use any place to change your oil or do it yourself, it just has to be documented with receipts. So check your Manual. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT M6 Hellcat
928 Posts
I just had mine done for $105 and I was surprised. It was a bargain compared to what I have to pay for an oil change for my BMW X5 ($160). When I owned a 5.7L Challenger, full synthetic oil changes were about $60.

I can't wait to have my own garage so I can do some of this work myself.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT M6 Hellcat
928 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmm. $28/quart for oil and $25 for filter and $100 labor? I'm guessing you'll DIY next time. So, like $240 US?
OP's bill is tabbed in British Pounds sterling. One pound sterling = 1.19 USD. Oil and filter came out to $263 USD. The extra 100 Pounds ($119 USD) was for scheduled maintenance in addition to the oil change.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Redeye
201 Posts
Today is 2 weeks short of my first 6 months of Hellcat ownership, so I booked my Hellcat in for its first 6,000 mile / 6 month service.

I bought the car new (12 miles on it) from Unity Automotive in Leicester unity automotive leicester uk - Google Search and the car is covered by a 3 year warranty via the "semi-official" UK / European importer, and Unity will service the car to maintain the warranty.

It's not cheap owning a Dodge in the UK for sure! £385 for an Oil & Filter service - over $450 USD at today's exchange rate. Over half of that cost is the price of the oil, which has to be the Penzoil Ultra and can't be anything else. It isnt sold in the UK officially, so has to be imported. I bought a small 1 Litre bottle a few months ago for top upsand that cost me around $50, so I think they have been very reasonable.

View attachment 607772

Ouch. I DIY my oil changes for about $60 US & that's with the 5038041AA filter

·
Premium Member
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
3,355 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Super Stock
612 Posts

View attachment 607772

I hope that you kept the empty bottles and are refilling them with whatever is "close enough" and you bring them to your next oil change.. That's silly expensive!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts