SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2018 SRT Charger Hellcat Maximus Steel & Demonic Red Interior
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Hellcat Fam,

Purchased a 2018 Hellcat this past saturday, She is bone stock.

So far i've ordered the Corsa catback system, JLT catch can, and Bwoody CAI with the heatshield.

Anything else yall would recommend as a started pack for the first rd of mods.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
722 Posts
Catback? Mid muffler delete causes more noise, more flow, and only $100 locally. Catch Can, I'm waiting for data to show these are worthwhile. Bwoody why them over K&N or JLT? Are the converters stock or been replaced under a recall? Ok, I just looked them up. Any dyno charts? It also says "may require a custom tune"........ I'm out........

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Catback? Mid muffler delete causes more noise, more flow, and only $100 locally. Catch Can, I'm waiting for data to show these are worthwhile. Bwoody why them over K&N or JLT? Are the converters stock or been replaced under a recall? Ok, I just looked them up. Any dyno charts? It also says "may require a custom tune"........ I'm out........
just test drove a few with the corsa exhaust and loved the sound, Bwoody or legmaker was what i was told from a few hellcat peeps here in houston, thanks for input.

But yea i've always put catch cans on my supercharged vehicles.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,781 Posts
Hello Hellcat Fam,

Purchased a 2018 Hellcat this past saturday, She is bone stock.

So far i've ordered the Corsa catback system, JLT catch can, and Bwoody CAI with the heatshield.

Anything else yall would recommend as a started pack for the first rd of mods.
Intake - Having used both, I prefer LMI to BWoody intakes
Summer Tires - Michelin PS4S or Conti Extremes
DSC or DiabloSport Suspension Controller
Race Fuel upgrade - HO Upgrade Kit - 2018+ Challenger Hellcat and Redeye

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
107 Posts
Stickier tires seriously. First thing that should always be considered before adding power. Spinning isn't winning and can be frustrating when you want to grip at times when you need to.

Learn your car better and master it in stock form as best you can. Driver mod is a mod. A better driver is always a good thing.

Also as for intakes I usually hear more folks favor the JLT more but you already ordered an intake.

Congrats on your recent purchase of your Cat. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,862 Posts
Definitely drag radials on those 20s.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stickier tires seriously. First thing that should always be considered before adding power. Spinning isn't winning and can be frustrating when you want to grip at times when you need to.

Learn your car better and master it in stock form as best you can. Driver mod is a mod. A better driver is always a good thing.

Also as for intakes I usually hear more folks favor the JLT more but you already ordered an intake.

Congrats on your recent purchase of your Cat. Enjoy it.
thanks yes, having owned a few supercharged vehicles stock and modified this one for sure has a learning curve with the torque and body weight/shift.

But honestly since Saturday that i brought her home its been all smiles.

·
Registered
2020 Hellcat Redeye NB in Hellraisin
230 Posts
so how true is it that it voids the warranty with the brace lol.
I would think it depends on the dealer and mode of failure. FWIW....I am willing to pay for replacing the differential (parts as I will do the work) if it means saving the undercarriage from severe damage.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
163 Posts
The differential brace can be installed and removed in 30 minutes and leaves no trace that it was on the car. Be sure to pin the crank as well. I double pinned my. I used the guide tool to make the first hole then rotated it 180 degrees to make the second hole.

One hole vs two holes for the crank has been debated as much as the need for a catch can. Do your research and decide for yourself.

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the info guys

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Amsoil. Super magnet drain plugs on oil cooler, oil pan, trans drain plug and rear end drain plug. Bonus for same on filler plugs on trans and rear end.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
91 Posts
Spend your money on engine upgrades not Exhaust and other stuff. Will not gain that much
HP, I pulleyed down to 2.85 Demon injectors no other mods. 743 at the wheel stock air box and
exhaust that's it. Just my 2 cents, pin crank.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts