SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received a new Mopar HC cover for Christmas...just what I wanted! It came out of the carry bag very wrinkled and hasn't "relaxed" in 2 weeks. Anyone ever try sending theirs through the dryer? My OCD is kicking in馃槑
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Bumper

Registered
Charger 392

Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
Ive learned to crop out backgrounds in pics here to avoid having to explain my entire life. And the mess lol.

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Its a car cover, not a suit. Let it go dude.

Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
Received a new Mopar HC cover for Christmas...just what I wanted! It came out of the carry bag very wrinkled and hasn't "relaxed" in 2 weeks. Anyone ever try sending theirs through the dryer? My OCD is kicking in馃槑 View attachment 586012
I have the same cover for my WB HC. It fits much more snug. Not as stretched.

Attachments

Registered
鈥21 SRT SUPER STOCK
With that cover it鈥檚 the nature of the beast! the wrinkles don鈥檛 nor will ever come out on their own, it鈥檚 a weird material and will also leak water through it over the back half of the car when the garage door opens in the rain and the thawing of ice from the door bottom itself, you can put an extra blanket over the back half to combat against that, the best thing about that cover is the logo, not sure if is worth trying to iron or put in the dryer but If you try let us know the result? I鈥檇 say it鈥檚 the most commonly used cover out there but there鈥檚 many that spend upwards of 500 for a nice soft custom one.. with that said I鈥檓 more worried about what鈥檚 hovering over it..you asked

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol...white crap, snow in the Pacific NW. The bins were up and loaded 4 years before the HC arrived. Fabricator and construction project manager in previous life. I threw the directions away when I got the racks. I could park another HC up there if I had a lift! I may check if I can source some of the Superman cape material, that was a great suggestion! A suit 馃ぃ馃ぃ if I had one I'd worry about those wrinkles, too close to retirement. Seriously thanks for the replies, love the brotherhood of Mopar.

Registered
SRT DEMON ONESEAT
Tough crowd in here........ The bins look fine to me. Who knows, maybe they are empty.
I am guessing, but maybe a steamer to steam out the wrinkles? But cheaper than buying anything, maybe to take it to a dry cleaner etc and have them work on it.

Registered
The title of the thread pretty much sums it up. I can sympathize with the "aesthetic offense"...not sure what to call it. But for me personally, at the end of the day, I don't have time to pursue a solution.

Registered
I have 2 widebodys and bought the same covers for both but at different times and dealers. It appears that one cover has an extra section in it between the hood and fender side. The other one does not. Both fit but the one without the extra section fits tighter than the other.....
Question is, are there similar covers for nb and wb?? It looks like it to me and I have never gone back to the dealer to ask nor checked catalogs.
Is yours nb or wb?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts