SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

Registered
2018 Charger Hellcat
Are you seriously posting about wrinkles on a car cover for a car most people cannot afford? Wow...

Registered
2018 Charger Hellcat
I'll defend him because 1) he clearly identified this as a first world problem which imo sets the proper tone. And 2) I'm having the exact same experience with my car cover and it irritates me, so I can relate.
I am quite OCD too, but this is LOL SMH WTF DELETE IMMEDIATELY POST ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Your right my sunroof adds too much weight, my pedal commander only added a fraction of advertised time and my tuner guys not as good as your tuner guy is much more important. Folks if we are here with high performance Mopar "problems" we are F'n lucky. I know my car cover wrinkles are ridiculous. I see human tragedy daily. Cars are my happy place. Provide support where you can, be negative in your own space, Mopar on brothers and sisters.

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Can covers damage clear coat?
Yes. Junkman2000 (youtube channel about auto detailing) says that he'll never put his cover on a car unless he just detailed it. especially if parked outside where it might be windy. Otherwise anything trapped between the cover and the paint simply becomes an abrasive. (And, if the car isn't clean the cover might pick stuff up and begin collecting more and more between uses unless you wash it too compounding the problem.)

Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
Otherwise anything trapped between the cover and the paint simply becomes an abrasive.
Scratches can also occur as you pull on/off the cover. Even a microfiber-lined car cover can scratch the finish from friction. Most car-cover scratches are minor and can be polished out with a good scratch remover product, but it's just annoying if you're OCD about your vehicles. Fold up your mirrors (just let the car-cover mirror pockets hang empty) as that tends to be a major catch point for a car cover on any car.

Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
At least 2 responses out of 29 tried to help you out....

• Haha
Reactions: snobrdrdan

Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
You could hang thousands of pounds on those racks, I have them in my garage and basement. The house will fall before they do.

Registered
FWIW, during hot weather most of the wrinkles will indeed fall out. It may never look like a fine fitting Italian suit but trust me, heat will help. Especially after seeing snow on the ground. Hope this helps.

You never said if it's a nb or wb that I could see..

Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Narrow body from the pic

Registered
Looking online Mopar makes nb, wb and even one for the shaker hoods but did not specify nb or wb on it.
OP may have wb cover on a nb causing a looser fit for sure.
When I bought the ss, the dealer input the serial number of the car to ID the cover. Bought a scatpack wb six mo later and the parts guy just looked at the screen and it looked right...and fits but more snug for sure. I indeed have a nb cover on the scat. OP must have wb cover on his nb.

Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
I seriously doubt they make a cover for standard body and widebody through dodge. I would be shocked............................................................................................................. I stand corrected, they do lol

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Wow! I will help you out! Fold the cover properly from the bottom sides up to the center then, repeat which means the now folded bottom edges again to the middle (center of the car). Now, start from the front and fold what is left in two foot sections toward the back of the car and place in the trunk for a couple weeks. The weight of the cover will get rid of those wrinkles and you will only have four total pleats (fold marks) running the entire length of the car!

Been working great for me for over 30 years with outdoor covers!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Wow! I will help you out! Fold the cover properly from the bottom sides up to the center then, repeat which means the now folded bottom edges again to the middle (center of the car). Now, start from the front and fold what is left in two foot sections toward the back of the car and place in the trunk for a couple weeks. The weight of the cover will get rid of those wrinkles and you will only have four total pleats (fold marks) running the entire length of the car!

Been working great for me for over 30 years with outdoor covers!
Thanks Shelbyguru I will give that a try!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts