SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gents,

I have a factory order 2018 Hellcat Charger with 18,000km (11,000mi)

May about 10,000km it began wheel hopping to a point where I didn’t enjoy the car anymore .

After doing research, I made up my mind it was worth it to change the rear cradle bushings (main culprit) and rear lower control arm bushings with Whiteline Polyeurethane bushings. At the same time I did a rear diff brace .

My old man said the stock bushings were a joke, soft enough that you could get movement from your finger, definitely built for a 3.6L...not a 6.2SC.

Be advised, this is not a job for the driveway. Also, you will need a bushing press if you don’t want to be a butcher getting these bushings out.

I haven’t driven the car as it is in Canada and I’m in Florida waiting for the stupid Canadian government to open to borders.

However, I will note I’ve let my friend borrow the car for the last 2 weeks and he’s a professional drag racer . He said the car has zero hop...doesn’t matter what speed you’re on the gas- it spins, but no hopping what so ever. My dad who is also in the business 35 years says there’s no hint of wheel hop or squirm.

this thing used to hop at 80kph...50kph...0kph...it would hop violently, and when it did hook up it was so squirmy it drove down the road in a zigzag...definitely was not a reassuring car .

now...it’s completely steady , goes straight and zero hop.

also did some vibrants at the same time for good measure .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great post! Just curious are you on P Zero tires? I have heard Nittos have less hop but if I can leave the factory tires and not have to get drag radials to be able to take off from a stop this seems like a good investment.

Also what diff brace is that, seems like a solid billet piece. Thanks again.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great post! Just curious are you on P Zero tires? I have heard Nittos have less hop but if I can leave the factory tires and not have to get drag radials to be able to take off from a stop this seems like a good investment.

Also what diff brace is that, seems like a solid billet piece. Thanks again.

Hey I've got continental extreme 305s.... Definitely want to get some Nittos or MTs . The diff brace is a TBA Billet Diff brace....amazing ifyou can wait for it.

Reactions: HELKITN

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,469 Posts
Diff brace alone cured my wheel hop.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
141 Posts
Nice post...so approximately how much (parts and labor)???

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice post...so approximately how much (parts and labor)???
Parts for about $300 USD for the bushings- although I’d recommend doing the trailing arm bushings at the same time - might as well! The brace was $300 USD and the labor was $1000USD.

worth every penny though - my dad says it’s a completely different car now

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Diff brace alone cured my wheel hop.
Yeah maybe if I did mine before it got so bad that could have saved me the time....but it was at a point where if you floored it at 60mph, the car was changing lanes...from squirm, not from spin.

These bushings are junk from the factory...I guess if you get the brace in right away it prevents the diff from destroying them.

Reactions: Mean Cat

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
141 Posts
Parts for about $300 USD for the bushings- although I’d recommend doing the trailing arm bushings at the same time - might as well! The brace was $300 USD and the labor was $1000USD.

worth every penny though - my dad says it’s a completely different car now
Thanks...

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Get it shipped to JUST across the border and pick it up. Done-zo! Stuff is still being shipped.
Hey , any recommendations as to who to use?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great read. I am having the same hop and squirming issued in my 19 Challenger HC. It started when I got wider tires that actually hook up. Now the car almost changes lanes I get on it. It's downright scary. It's a little better with the suspension on sport. If I get the brace, cradel bushings, and control arms and bushings, that would cure it?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
686 Posts
What about hop not kit? This may be cheaper alternative and dont have to drop the cradle.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
686 Posts
What's a hop not kit?

It is basically a spacer that goes between oem bushing and locks cradle. I have this stage 1 but not the stage 2 which includes stabilizer bars and other stuff. I also have the newest diff brace but still get some hop occasionally. The bushings are probably best but this is option. Here is link about them will try to attach.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thank you. Doesn't look like it's for sale anymore. Or for any of the new Challengers. Only for the the first gen Challenger. Back to the drawing board. Lol

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
686 Posts
Thank you. Doesn't look like it's for sale anymore. Or for any of the new Challengers. Only for the the first gen Challenger. Back to the drawing board. Lol

Wow that sucks. Wondering why kept getting safari cant open lol. I have it on my 2016 charger. The only negative to this or new bushings is the ride will be more stiff. Good for racing but the wife noticed it and not a fan lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts