SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Flat Tire?

1267 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Rockster
Anybody ever have a flat in their Hellcat yet, and have to use the factory inflator kit? Just wondering how well they work and how reliable they may be. I am old school and still did not like the fact that I'm driving around with no actual spare tire. I have heard they may work for a very small puncture, but anything too large and you are SOL. Also, if you had no cell reception to call for help, with the SOS button in the mirror work? I had heard that runs off of GPS. Thanks!
1 - 1 of 10 Posts
Anybody ever have a flat in their Hellcat yet, and have to use the factory inflator kit? Just wondering how well they work and how reliable they may be. I am old school and still did not like the fact that I'm driving around with no actual spare tire. I have heard they may work for a very small puncture, but anything too large and you are SOL. Also, if you had no cell reception to call for help, with the SOS button in the mirror work? I had heard that runs off of GPS. Thanks!
So, I can tell you that the inflator kit works just like a normal can of fix-o-flat for the most part. It's designed primarily to get you off the road and at least somewhere safe (within 20-30 miles max). After that, I really don't recommend testing it beyond that. Some may feel otherwise, but I just don't recommend it with these cars... a 150 hp Honda....different story.

As for the SOS button, it does run off GPS and really should be able to get signal out to anywhere short of being in a tunnel or under some kind of parking structure (even then it may still get out).

The only suggestion I would recommend is consider buying a spare rim/used rim and putting a tire on it just in case to leave in your garage.
1 - 1 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.