SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all,

Happy Friday!!!!

Had a question about E85/flex fuel tuning and Ethenol sensors. I really want to install the Flexlink Bluetooth sensor so I can view E percentage on my phone instead of dealing with measuring at the pump every time. Barth, HHP and tapped performance all install them. One won't tune without one installed. The tuner I want to use said they don't use them at all. I have come across threads where people state the sensor will restrict flow causing the driver's side to lean out but all hear say, No facts.. For anyone that is E tuned with a sensor are you having issues? How is it plumbed in the fuel line? I spoke with Rick @ tapped for a while yesterday about this. He has a plug n play kit that he uses and sells all the time. He said I could upgrade the rails but the biggest restriction he sees is the factory fuel pressure sensor size, It's smaller than the E sensor. I'm won't really at the power level to upgrade the rails. I don't want to spend the $500 if I don't have to. If it does cause the system to lean out why would the tuners listed above use them?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
633 Posts
I thought i responded to this earlier or did you post the same thing on another forum?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I basically plan on doing the same. I'm not wanting him to use the sensor to tun/calibrate E percentage. I'm just looking for a way to view other than a tester at the pump every time. Some people say when installing the sensor it restricts flow and can lean out the drivers side. Below is the kit I'm looking at.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I thought there was another version out there that has a by-pass built in to not restrict flow.

·
Registered
187 Posts
It’s still restrictive the way they do it. There’s a company that sells a billet piece that bypasses it but also puts fuel through to the sensor. That’s the best way to do it imo

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Has anyone here used the Bluetooth sensor or the bypass? Seems like a nice setup if it works. Just seems like using a test tube every fill up would be a pain in tbe A**.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts