SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a '16 Charger Hellcat... It now has ~120 miles, but the rear tires are a bit more worn than the mileage would indicate... Black on Black, Brass Monkey wheels

The car is simply INSANE... Is there any limitation on the engine until a certain mileage is achieved? My 'vette had a break-in of 500 miles. Was curious if the Hellcats had this "feature".

-Jim

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
201 Posts
Just bought a '16 Charger Hellcat... It now has ~120 miles, but the rear tires are a bit more worn than the mileage would indicate... Black on Black, Brass Monkey wheels

The car is simply INSANE... Is there any limitation on the engine until a certain mileage is achieved? My 'vette had a break-in of 500 miles. Was curious if the Hellcats had this "feature".

-Jim
Welcome to a very informative Forum, some very knowledgeable peeps here.....500 miles on the break-in period, and seemingly forever on the temptation to "get on it" !!...Drive safe ma' man and Best of Luck !!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
9,004 Posts

-Jim
Good afternoon and welcome to the forum from upstate New York

The hellcat is a rocket and I hope you enjoy it to the fullest.

Post some pics of your hellcat for us

Welcome to the hellcat family and community

Take care and be safe

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,651 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! Sounds like you've been enjoying beyond break-in limits! Break-in is more about the total drive train than just the motor.

Charger HC is an awesome vehicle.

Welcome to the forum from VA! Pics please

PS: break-in mileage, rpms/speeds are all in the owner's manual.
- 0-100 miles...55 mph & < 4000 rpm
- 100-300 miles...65 mph & <4000 rpm
- 300-500 miles...85 mph & short periods of WOT are ok
> 500 miles launch control enabled
> 1500 miles track time

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,661 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the forum. Grtz on the new Hellcat! As far as break in ... I second what Toolman_42 posted above. Drive safe and have fun!

April

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts

-Jim
First off great purchase... some people say drive it like you stole it! I like to follow the factory recommendations... I waited for the 500 mile break-in and didn't take it to the track until I had 1,000 miles... I'm pretty happy with the results, 10.66 @ 130 mph... love this car!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, sure wish I would've checked back sooner. I have been driving it like I stole it.... Oops. I think that if mopar wanted a break-in period they would have programmed it into the ECU like GM...

We'll see if she holds up I guess!

-Jim

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Wow, sure wish I would've checked back sooner. I have been driving it like I stole it.... Oops. I think that if mopar wanted a break-in period they would have programmed it into the ECU like GM...

We'll see if she holds up I guess!

-Jim
You won't have any problems... FCA does a decent break-in on these engines at the factory... You gotta love the factory warranty on a 707 hp motor... If you decide to run your car keep us posted! All of your questions about the proper setup for drag racing will be answered here! Drive safe and have fun...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts