SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're considering AWE Tuning for your exhaust, figured I'd give you a review straight from the "test mule".

**Full disclosure... AWE offered me the exhaust in exchange for using my Redeye for their promos/vids/clips. The B5 Blue vehicle you see in their pics and YouTube clips is my car. I consider myself lucky to have had that opportunity, and love that it was used in the development of the exhaust suite. I've had it about 2 months now, so I can share my impressions.

I had HEARD of AWE, mainly from the tuner/exotic market (McLaren's mainly) and was excited when I was told they were entering the muscle market. My previous non-OEM exhaust on my '11 SRT-8 was a Flowmaster, so I had a little frame-of-reference to use. My '16 Hellcat was never changed from OEM and never had enough "grunt" for my taste.

During the entire install/test process, I had access to tour their facilities in Horsham... the place is top-notch. Being able to walk down onto the production floor, watch their R&D folks at work, and see them install on other vehicles sold me. Their history is totally "American entrepreneur"-laced, and you could tell their staff cared.

I was excited to get her back... and the 90-minute ride home was heaven. Cold starting the car shakes the ground... wakes the neighbors, etc. On the highway, I was shocked as there was NO DRONE AT ALL. Easily able to hold a conversation and listen to whatever music at any volume. Not what I expected. AWE's R&D folks did a great job there. My Mustang friends with aftermarket exhausts now hate me. I'm ok with that. Full-throttle runs really bring the car to life.

Here's clip of a cold start (apologies, my son was filming, hence the corny delivery):

Revving behind CJ Pony Parts:

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
32 Posts
If you're considering AWE Tuning for your exhaust, figured I'd give you a review straight from the "test mule".

**Full disclosure... AWE offered me the exhaust in exchange for using my Redeye for their promos/vids/clips. The B5 Blue vehicle you see in their pics and YouTube clips is my car. I consider myself lucky to have had that opportunity, and love that it was used in the development of the exhaust suite. I've had it about 2 months now, so I can share my impressions.

I had HEARD of AWE, mainly from the tuner/exotic market (McLaren's mainly) and was excited when I was told they were entering the muscle market. My previous non-OEM exhaust on my '11 SRT-8 was a Flowmaster, so I had a little frame-of-reference to use. My '16 Hellcat was never changed from OEM and never had enough "grunt" for my taste.

During the entire install/test process, I had access to tour their facilities in Horsham... the place is top-notch. Being able to walk down onto the production floor, watch their R&D folks at work, and see them install on other vehicles sold me. Their history is totally "American entrepreneur"-laced, and you could tell their staff cared.

I was excited to get her back... and the 90-minute ride home was heaven. Cold starting the car shakes the ground... wakes the neighbors, etc. On the highway, I was shocked as there was NO DRONE AT ALL. Easily able to hold a conversation and listen to whatever music at any volume. Not what I expected. AWE's R&D folks did a great job there. My Mustang friends with aftermarket exhausts now hate me. I'm ok with that. Full-throttle runs really bring the car to life.

Here's clip of a cold start (apologies, my son was filming, hence the corny delivery):

Revving beind CJ Pony Parts:

That is awesome! I actually have been looking for an exhuast for my 2020 WB HC Charger. Im torn between Corsa Xtream and AWE Track edition. I have used Corsa in the past on my T/A392 great exhuast super loud only thing is that I had to cut off my actuator valves and have them weld into place with the Corsa kit. AWE kit it super clean, they give you a plate to mount the active exhaust and not cutting is involved. Do you have a discount code?

AWE Install Instructions

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is awesome! I actually have been looking for an exhuast for my 2020 WB HC Charger. Im torn between Corsa Xtream and AWE Track edition. I have used Corsa in the past on my T/A392 great exhuast super loud only thing is that I had to cut off my actuator valves and have them weld into place with the Corsa kit. AWE kit it super clean, they give you a plate to mount the active exhaust and not cutting is involved. Do you have a discount code?

AWE Install Instructions
Discount code? No, sorry, I don't. But, give them a buzz. I'm sure they'll work with you.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
783 Posts
Eh. Zipping the motors up turns me off a little but that does sound killer.

Maybe I can talk someone into walking me thru disabling the appropriate codes and MIL's in HPT instead?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3 Posts
All GREAT to hear!!! My system is going on the 30th!! I'll post videos before and after...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts